Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Posted on:5/6/09 8:42 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

Sweater knit fabrics

angie.a said... (5/11/09 7:55 PM) Reply
LOVE this. I think the neckline is very pretty, maybe the ribbon fix for holding the straps will work and you will love it too!
Kellie R. said... (5/8/09 8:36 AM) Reply
I think you look great in this dress! It's very flattering and I LOVE the bright, cheerful fabric!
Heatherrique said... (5/7/09 7:01 PM) Reply
I still find the neckline very nice on you! Gorgeous dress on you!
brissie71 said... (5/7/09 3:55 PM) Reply
Very pretty. I love the fabric on you. I can sympathise with the wide neckline issues - I hate wearing things like that and find that I fidget with the neck all the time.
colourbynumber said... (5/7/09 2:23 PM) Reply
Very cute. I am on my second one-- you are right, the pattern works with modifications. I narrowed/raised in the neckline. It helped!
Nancy K said... (5/7/09 11:29 AM) Reply
Lovely dress.
Mahogany Stylist said... (5/7/09 11:29 AM) Reply
Great dress, Shannon. And thanks for the helpful review.
Lee K said... (5/7/09 11:05 AM) Reply
I tried this dress out in throwaway fabric this week, and also found the neck much too wide. AND the v-back ends below my bra band. Quite disappointing, because it looks good in other reviews, including yours, of course!
Amanda S. said... (5/7/09 9:02 AM) Reply
It looks great! I'm sorry you aren't in love with it. I am currently working on this exact same pattern but am not experiencing a large neckline problem. Did you happen to put interfacing around the neck? I am wondering if your fabric stretched out a bit.
shesflipped said... (5/7/09 6:32 AM) Reply
I think this looks lovely on you! The style of the dress and your fabric choice is perfect, although I do understand the feeling of liking it, not loving it when the fit isn't just right.
Heidi Ho said... (5/6/09 11:20 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress!! I love the fabric and the colors look great on you!!! Such a very cheerfull and springy look. While I think the dress looks great the way it is, if you are having issues with the bodice fit on this pattern you may want to trace off a new bodice and start with a size or two smaller through the shoulders and neck and then taper out to the size you think would be best through the bust, maybe going somewhere inbetween the size 42 and size 44 bodice at the bustline. Just a thought if you decide to make this one again.
BrianSews said... (5/6/09 11:11 PM) Reply
It's all about that fabric! Great choice, love those colors. I also think the wide neckline looks great on you but quite understandable that fashion and function don't always agree. Thanks for good photos with a pretty background, it's the first thing to catch my eye.
homejewel said... (5/6/09 9:37 PM) Reply
I REALLY like that fabric. The style of the dress is great, too. The bra strap situation would bother me, too. Could you be a smaller size in the bodice? The rest seems to fit quite nicely.
renren said... (5/6/09 9:07 PM) Reply
I think it's very attractive as is, but that about-to-slip-off-shoulders feeling is very distracting. Comparing your neckline to the one from the magazine, it seems theirs is not quite as wide. But why this is, I do not know. Love the fabric and will be interested in watching for how you approach the next dress from this pattern.

by: nanneke