Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2009-105 (Shirtdress)

Reviewed by:Birgitte

Other Projects by Birgitte using this Pattern

LindsayT said... (5/13/09 5:01 PM) Reply
V2 is great too!
amy in mpls said... (5/13/09 4:19 PM) Reply
This IS gorgeous, and such a helpful review. You are truely a one stop shop for inspirations and helpful tips! I have this pattern traced and sitting...somewhere, but you've inspired me to find it! love your version! thx for the super helpful review!
Heidi Ho said... (5/13/09 3:47 PM) Reply
I LOVE version #2 as well. I definitely have to try this pattern!
Karen6790 said... (5/13/09 12:51 PM) Reply
Wow, I like this one better than the first - and I loved the first one. Bravo.
Catbird said... (5/13/09 10:36 AM) Reply
Wow, you really HAVE found a TNT! This is so light and fun and, yes, Pucci! You're going to have a very stylish and breezy summer -- you'll be the envy of that whole stylish and breezy little town of yours :))
Mahler said... (5/13/09 9:23 AM) Reply
You forgot one check according to me: Pucci style for regular activities, checked ! Summery, fresh and so stylish. Very nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JoanneM said... (5/12/09 10:49 PM) Reply
Excellent review and a great dress!
SandraB said... (5/12/09 9:24 PM) Reply
Very nice dress. Looks great on you. Very nice review. Thanks.
Lori V said... (5/12/09 9:14 PM) Reply
Another winner, great job.
Ach said... (5/11/09 8:45 PM) Reply
Looks RTW but better!
Beek said... (5/11/09 5:30 PM) Reply
I truly love reading your reviews! Your taste and creativity is certainly to be admired!
SewSara said... (5/9/09 12:50 PM) Reply
I am coveting your dress. It fits you so nicely and I love that print! I will definitely be making one in two different fabrics.
Knitters Delight said... (5/8/09 6:57 PM) Reply
That is so stunning. You picked the perfect fabric combination!
nellc said... (5/8/09 4:46 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress, and a great reveiw.
michellep74 said... (5/8/09 1:31 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress!
LindsayT said... (5/8/09 12:23 PM) Reply
Fantastic dress on you, and I love your tips. I have this pattern on my to-do list because it looks great on everyone who makes it. Excellent fabric combo.
Elemenopeo said... (5/8/09 11:11 AM) Reply
Very complete review. Georgeous dress. I really want to make this one for Easter next year so will refer back.
Opals Passions said... (5/8/09 10:46 AM) Reply
This is a gorgeous dress.. I love the two tone....
Karen6790 said... (5/8/09 10:19 AM) Reply
I like your checklist for this dress - I follow a similar one myself, and now I'm going to have to give this pattern a shot. Great job, and I would definitely consider this a TNT for you - looks good and you can do a lot of variations on it.
quixoticpixels said... (5/8/09 10:01 AM) Reply
Stunning dress! A really fun and informative review too. Thanks!
Vintage Joan said... (5/8/09 9:47 AM) Reply
(Repeating what I just wrote on your previous posting of this review... ;) )... WOW -- this dress is fabulous!!
Nancywin said... (5/8/09 9:39 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. I love your fabric choices. I just bought fabric to make this myself! Unfortuntately, I did not read the other reviews first, so I did not get something with stretch - guess I'll have to leave even MORE hip room :-)
Catbird said... (5/8/09 8:52 AM) Reply
I said this on your blog, but I don't mind repeating myself: I absolutely love this dress! And now I love the review, too. You have a way of taking my sewing imagination to places it is unfamiliar with, like shirtdresses! I'm smitten with the easygoing, crisp, classy but-not-trying-too-hard look of this, and of course with that gorgeous fabric. The complete look with the belt and shoes is Vogue-worthy. I love it. And by the way, I don't buy the flubby arms and sorry-excuse-for-a-waist:)) No way!! Thank you for another great and fun review.
Kellie R. said... (5/8/09 8:32 AM) Reply
Wow - this is a really great dress! So versatile and nicely made!
wendlesue said... (5/8/09 8:07 AM) Reply
Great review, but flubby arms? I don't think so. Beautiful dress. I want to make one!
Nancy K said... (5/8/09 7:49 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I am always looking for black and white abstract prints and this one is gorgeous. Fits beautifully.
Ellenatlga said... (5/8/09 6:40 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Great job!
Jali said... (5/8/09 3:51 AM) Reply
Great dress! I thoroughly enjoyed your review. And I love that series of MasterCard adverts too :-).
SusiM said... (5/8/09 1:41 AM) Reply
Wonderful review, Birgitte! And amusing, too. I appreciate the tips and such. As usual, you have created another great-looking garment.
cabinbaby said... (5/8/09 0:00 AM) Reply
Love this!
renren said... (5/7/09 11:54 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Great review, too. Thanks!
Sallygirl said... (5/7/09 10:54 PM) Reply
How creative and WAY cuter than Burda shows it! It's perfect!
Heidi Ho said... (5/7/09 10:52 PM) Reply
Great dress!! This style looks great on you. I love your fabric choice. Thanks for the great informative review as well.
Lori V said... (5/7/09 10:36 PM) Reply
Wonderful shirtdress, it looks fabulous.
Em's Summer said... (5/7/09 10:22 PM) Reply
This is soo very pretty! And a great review, too!
Elke said... (5/7/09 9:39 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt dress...great fabric choice...looks lovely on you!
homejewel said... (5/7/09 9:19 PM) Reply
I don't think I ever "knew" what a shirt dress was before this review. It looks fabulous on you. Great detailed review and I see why you like it so much.

Simplicity 2067

by: Lydster

Favorite Things Little Sleep Well Pattern

Favorite Things Little Sleep Well Pattern

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)