Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8509 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:LindsayT

About LindsayTstarstarstar
Member since: 8/2/07
Sewing skills:Beginner

Posted on:5/10/09 9:53 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 23 people

Ashford said... (8/10/12 12:55 PM) Reply
"To keep this from looking like a maternity dress on me, I extended the pleats by 2.5 inches" Meaning you sewed the pleat seam down further towards the waist? I would love a solution for the maternity look in loose fit dresses.
katie lynne said... (6/9/09 6:26 PM) Reply
Dar-Ling! And what fabulous work. Thank you so much for the valuable tutorial about matching prints on your blogsite.
AuntieShel said... (6/6/09 2:55 PM) Reply
Love, love, love your dress. What else can I say?
kasizzle said... (5/12/09 11:31 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Love the fabric!
Beek said... (5/11/09 5:27 PM) Reply
So cute! I can see you drifting off to work in this on a hot summer day!
Secretsugar said... (5/11/09 8:54 AM) Reply
Great dress! I can't believe this has a center seam--your pattern matching is absolutely perfect! Thanks very much for the tips on your blog. I have yet to tackle this technique, but you make it sound easy.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (5/11/09 5:44 AM) Reply
Lovely dress!
Lori V said... (5/10/09 8:54 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress.
rozzybabe said... (5/10/09 8:30 PM) Reply
As always, you sew beautifully. I was really thinking about this pattern, but have NO doubts now! Will be getting it soon, thanks!!
Peggy L said... (5/10/09 8:28 PM) Reply
Great summer dress. You did a wonderful job matching that great fabric. It looks like the perfect summer dress.
Christas said... (5/10/09 6:28 PM) Reply
Wow! This is the perfect summer dress! Your fabric is so wonderful for the pattern.
FreyaStark said... (5/10/09 5:35 PM) Reply
A very smart and stylish dress.
colourbynumber said... (5/10/09 3:22 PM) Reply
this is the perfect summer dress! I love the idea of extending the pleats! I have the pattern but didn't realize it was a simple construction! What am I waiting for?
erinw83 said... (5/10/09 1:07 PM) Reply
Looking at the envelope, I never would have thought this dress was so cute! Great Job! The necklaces are a nice touch.
Heatherrique said... (5/10/09 11:36 AM) Reply
Enchantingly chic!
maryfrana said... (5/10/09 11:21 AM) Reply
It's all about the fabric! This is so nice, so summery, and the clean design makes it perfect.
eugenia123 said... (5/10/09 10:36 AM) Reply
This dress is so lovely, I love the shape of it and your fabric choice is perfect.
Michelle L said... (5/10/09 10:33 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! The fabric is fantastic, it will make a great dress for warm weather.
Catbird said... (5/10/09 10:23 AM) Reply
This is beginning to get contagious, this dress binge that everyone is on. I might just have to join in! I love the classic simplicity of your dress, with that wonderful fabric and those clean lines. Your idea about extending the pleats worked really well. It's just perfect. I couldn't see the tutorial or the other pictures on your site for some reason, but I'll check back, because I'd like to see more. It's beautiful!

by: 3kids1036