Pattern Reviews> LaFred> 102 (Thalia Pants)

Reviewed by:Neefer

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Vesta Patterns

Darling said... (7/18/06 8:08 AM) Reply
I had thought of purchasing this pattern. Simple adjustments would make this more wearable for me.
JDpenelope said... (1/23/05 8:19 PM) Reply
Nice review. I, too, like the K Hepburn pants look, even though I don't have that sleek figure! Since I'm new to making pants, though, your comments about the crotch curve worry me. I might see if there's a similar style in Burda--from reading reviews on this site, they're supposed to have the best fitting pants in the crotch, I guess. Rather not mess with too much fitting if I don't have to. Thanks for the honest review.
Sew Jane said... (1/28/04 8:50 AM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review. You look wonderful in your pants.
LindaB said... (1/27/04 4:10 PM) Reply
Very cute, Thank You !
gabrielle said... (1/27/04 1:23 PM) Reply
I like your pants alot, and your review was very informative. If I ever have a need for pleated pants, these will be the ones I'll try.
Skymom said... (1/27/04 1:06 PM) Reply
I thknk these pants look really good on you, Jennifer. The pleats aren't spreading at all, which indicates an excellent fit in front. And full legs are wonderful in a softly draping fabric--very K. Hepburn and elegant. I made these in a poly microfiber that seemed drapy but really wasn't quite enough--rayons and 4-ply silk (naturally!) are just about perfect, and I'd guess some tencels would have the right drape/weight properties as well.
AnneM said... (1/27/04 11:20 AM) Reply
Thanks for the good review. Nice style w/ the buttons. I don't know if I will try these; I have to digest your review more first!
Laura T said... (1/27/04 11:12 AM) Reply
Good review with clear, consice comments for alterations. It lets me know what I can expect if I make up this pattern myself. Thanks!
Julia Graham said... (12/13/03 10:48 AM) Reply
Jennifer, I too have large thighs and am interested in this pattern. I tried a sample on at a sewing expo and liked the style, but am concerned they might swamp me as I'm only 5'1". Interestingly, that pair was made of linen, and the center front pleat seemed to lie fine -- although I guess tummy isn't my problem area. Good review! Look forward to a picture.
Mandolin82 said... (12/12/03 3:33 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I have this pattern and it sounds like we have similar fitting problems so I appreciate the details you give on fitting and fabric. I'm waiting to finish some other projects before starting this one.

Ottobre Design Magazine 04-2013-14