Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Member since: 9/28/08
Posted on:5/16/09 7:44 AM
Last Updated:6/6/09 0:37 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts

Other Projects by ClaireEmily using this Pattern

Hilary said... (12/12/10 10:16 AM) Reply
This is the first time I've seen this review, and I too think it looks great on you! After all the work you put into it the fit is much better and looks very nice with the jacket and tights! I have the same "large derriere" issue, and was so happy to see how good this looks on a similar figure. Thanks for the detailed review!
ClaireEmily said... (6/7/09 7:43 AM) Reply
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the encouragement.
Mary Nanna said... (6/7/09 2:02 AM) Reply
hey , what do you know! With some boots and a slim fit knit jacket top it does look great! GREAT save.
persevering said... (6/6/09 9:02 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your stylish well-fitted skirt!
eugenia123 said... (6/6/09 8:00 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your re-working. This really is a great skirt that looks lovely on you.
FreyaStark said... (6/6/09 6:27 AM) Reply
Triumph! Now you'll be able to make it again more quickly and easily.
Debbie Cook said... (5/16/09 4:44 PM) Reply
I agree with the others that this skirt is cute on you. From the front, I really like it. The back view is too close to see all the proportions correctly, but I still like it. I love this style of skirt too. Don't give up on the pattern.
Mary Nanna said... (5/16/09 3:57 PM) Reply
Ah what a shame. You're right - that skirt is a lot of work, I remember all that topstiching! (although I made the view without godets). I think it looks rather cute on you .. it's hard to tell from a photo, but are the sides too big? Mine were, I remember having to take it in rather a lot to get it fitting through the hip. I'm glad you are wearing it anyway, I do think it looks cute...with some boots and a slim fit jacket the silhouette could look great!
FreyaStark said... (5/16/09 11:44 AM) Reply
They're right. The actual sewing seems fine, and you might get to get like the skirt better when you've worn it more.
renren said... (5/16/09 9:56 AM) Reply
I, too, am thinking this skirt looks good. Look at all that work you've done with topstitching and the godets. I actually think the skirt looks fabulous and if I saw you I might ask where you bought it (because I want one, too). Also, this reminds me of a Connie Crawford skirt/jacket pattern reviewed here recently. Perhaps a lighter, drapier fabric would give a totally different look, but this skirt heading into winter in the southern hemisphere looks like a perfect fit to have in one's wardrobe. The more I look at it the more I love it.
eugenia123 said... (5/16/09 9:09 AM) Reply
I think this skirt looks a lot better than you think it does and the style is really nice. Thanks for the great review - I think that reviews of patterns that haven't worked out so well are just as useful (if not more useful) than those that have turned out perfectly.

by: MrsCharism...