Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1054 (MISSES SHIRT AND PANTS)

Reviewed by:Cleome33

About Cleome33
FL USA
Member since: 3/11/09
Posted on:5/16/09 3:43 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
Alycia10 said... (10/31/09 2:58 PM) Reply
The picture needs to enlarge and it does not. Cannot see the garment close up enough.
Sydney529 said... (6/30/09 1:33 PM) Reply
Almost finished with this one...made in ploy crepe with charmeuse for bias seam binding. Trickiest part is the sleeve facings; had to use my own technique for those. Also pattern calls for bound buttonholes for 1/2" buttons...I knew that I couldn't do ones that small and have them all exactly alike so did machine ones. I also did machine topstitching instead of hand topstitching about 1/8" from edge instead of 1/4. I think I will make this shirt again in a heavy silk crepe.
CarolynGM said... (5/17/09 8:05 AM) Reply
I'm thinking of making this shirt too. Can you show us a bigger picture?
EleanorSews said... (5/16/09 8:05 PM) Reply
Interesting pattern that somehow I have overlooked. Thsnk for the review.
carolynw said... (5/16/09 5:36 PM) Reply
I also have this patternbut am waiting until I have a good deal of time to devote to doing it properly - wish I could see yours larger than the thumb print - thanks for the review
stsimon said... (5/15/09 2:56 PM) Reply
I have this pattern, but the thought of the time required by those overlapped seams is daunting! Your solution is a good one, but maybbe requires a lot of measuring and pressing to get a nice even 1/4" overlap? I think that I will use the nice long basting stitch on my Brother machine to sew a 5/8" seam, press, then sew your 1/2" seam, topstitch, and then remove the basting thread. Looking forward to a picture of your final result!

Pattern Work