Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8489 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:CynthiaSue

About CynthiaSuestarstarstarstar
Member since: 10/11/03
Posted on:5/15/09 11:32 PM
Last Updated:5/15/09 11:39 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 30 people
cassfox said... (8/25/09 5:09 PM) Reply
Perfect fabric color and your accessories choices are excellent as well! I'm a beginner sew-er (not a word, I know :-) so we will see how this works out! :-)
Blooms said... (6/15/09 6:43 AM) Reply
You look very elegant. Beautiful colour! Thanks for showing us your version.
RobinMCPA said... (6/10/09 10:02 PM) Reply
I attempted this pattern and had a horrible time getting the bands to work!! I couldn't figure out for the life of me how the back neck bands were supposed to line up, as I also had decided to eliminate the zipper. I actually was so frustrated with it I threw out the pattern! Maybe I'll buy it again next time it's on sale and give it another chance, after seeing how great yours turned out. Then again, there are so many other great patterns out there so maybe I won't bother!! LOL.
Leslie in Austin said... (5/18/09 8:00 PM) Reply
I wanted to try it on, too. *pout*. Anyhow, you looked like you were straight out of Lucky magazine in that hot number.
MelissaB in WA said... (5/18/09 12:40 PM) Reply
That is such a hot dress girl! I am bummed I didn't get to try it on - do you think it's too low cut for me? The color is smashing too - I should have just packed it in my suitcase and then you would have though you left it behind! lol
Kellie R. said... (5/18/09 10:56 AM) Reply
*whistle* How hot do you look in this SEXY dress?! You did a great job on this. I tried making this dress last year and it became a wadder. Maybe I'll give it another shot. You look FABULOUS!
sew2little said... (5/17/09 4:30 PM) Reply
I have two words for how you look in your beautiful dress: WOO WOO!
valerie sews said... (5/17/09 6:03 AM) Reply
YOur dress looks so cute on you. YOu did a great job on it.
Leora said... (5/16/09 11:20 PM) Reply
I got to reread that thread, good stuff there! Your dress is gorgeous!!
Karine said... (5/16/09 4:55 PM) Reply
Cute dress - looks great on you. Thanks for including the discussion on banded necklines and facings - very helpful!
Barbara V said... (5/16/09 3:16 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! You look gorgeous in it and your choice of excessories are great too.
Amanda S. said... (5/16/09 3:06 PM) Reply
Dang! 2 hours and 20 minutes on this dress?!! How can you people sew that quickly? Well anyway, it's super cute and I love it with the necklace as well.
Annette1 said... (5/16/09 1:08 PM) Reply
Fussing and sewing, sewing and fussing, but it was all worth it in the end, as your dress turned out beautifully! Very flattering, too!
Gold said... (5/16/09 11:40 AM) Reply
Very sexy and cute dress!Great job!
nellc said... (5/16/09 11:20 AM) Reply
Lovely dress!
DorothyK said... (5/16/09 11:16 AM) Reply
Fantastic dress. I've been wanting to make the long-sleeved version for a long time. Now I want to make the sleeveless. Thanks for the review.
Erica B. said... (5/16/09 10:10 AM) Reply
Cindy, this dress looks gorgeous on you!
Catbird said... (5/16/09 10:01 AM) Reply
That is beautiful on you, Cindy! Chic, clean lines, sophisticated and flattering. Gorgeous fabric and color, and perfect accessorizing.
carolynw said... (5/16/09 9:41 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress - looks really good on you
Meggie LuLu said... (5/16/09 9:38 AM) Reply
Ooooo!!! This dress is SOOO PRETTY!!! I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the color (purple is my VERY favorite color)!! The dress fits you to a T in color, style, AND fit!!
lyra said... (5/16/09 9:11 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! The color is wonderful.
Ellenatlga said... (5/16/09 9:01 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Love this dress!
Judy Wentz said... (5/16/09 8:23 AM) Reply
What else is there to say but WOW! jw
CarolynGM said... (5/16/09 7:07 AM) Reply
Beautiful lines on this dress. It's very flattering too.
Darla in PA said... (5/16/09 6:58 AM) Reply
Fantastic dress! Looks wonderful on you!
renren said... (5/16/09 5:33 AM) Reply
Very nice. I just love the drape and thanks for the links. You've done a fabulous job on the hem of this knit, too.
Lisa p said... (5/16/09 4:41 AM) Reply
That dress is beautiful , it looks better than RTW definately proffessional .
kerrynw said... (5/16/09 4:27 AM) Reply
Your dress looks fabulous! I love the colour and the way it falls.
petro said... (5/16/09 3:11 AM) Reply
I've made this pattern and agree with your comments on the work involved. I like your version, looks great.
ssssdeb said... (5/16/09 0:45 AM) Reply
Mission accomplished - this does not look homemade - it looks fabulous on you!
Wagtail said... (5/16/09 0:00 AM) Reply
That dress looks really nice. I love the way it falls from the hips. You've done a fabulous job. I agree with your comments re. the description "Very Easy Vogue", I have used a Very Easy Vogue Pattern, and thought it should not be called that. I love your dress, I am going to buy the pattern for our next summer, here in Australia.
Sweetiebop said... (5/15/09 11:58 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress Cindy. I was ready to put all my banded dresses aside until I just read the suggestions linked in your review. Thank you. Maybe I'll take my banded collar off and start again. Thanks again.
Peggy L said... (5/15/09 11:53 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress. You look wonderful.
Lori V said... (5/15/09 11:39 PM) Reply
The dress looks fantastic on you.
Pattern Work