Pattern Reviews> Other> Threads 6/09 Bias Topper (Threads 6/09 Bias Topper)

Reviewed by:LauraTS

About LauraTSstar
Member since: 7/10/06
Posted on:6/8/09 9:07 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

SandyinMO said... (6/9/09 8:54 AM) Reply
There is no reason the larger square has to be twice the size of the smaller one. I played around with it and found the size of the smaller square with half your hip measurement on the diagonal is good. Using your half hip as the side of the square would make it way too large. After finding the side measurement of the smaller square, I doubled it and then added about 4 more inches to the side of the large square. I found this out after making one like the magazine instructed. It was binding under the arms and across the back. I decided to cut it apart at the shoulders and added a strip there. That fixed the problem.
BillieJean said... (6/9/09 6:10 AM) Reply
I have this page earmarked in my Threads, but haven't gotten to it yet. Thanks for your review. It is very helpful.
RLL said... (6/8/09 9:46 PM) Reply
I was very intriqued also with this Threads article/pattern. I even went so far as to work out the measurements and write them on a sticky note for later. I have not had a chance to work with it yet, and I'm kinda glad due to the corrections. BUT, I actually plan on trying it both ways to see which I like better. I also know that it wont be long enough for my liking, so I intend to add a band at the hem. Thanks for the heads up about the arm/bicep. I will probably have to use your idea of a gusset as well. Thanks for your review, very helpful.

by: Ineedaname