Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3115 (yoga pants and top)

Reviewed by:SilvrGhost

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Activewear    Pants

Other Projects by SilvrGhost using this Pattern

ClaireF in CA said... (5/20/09 0:35 AM) Reply
Your top looks great! I also have this pattern and never made up the top, but I will now! I've been using KS. 3947 for my v-neck tees. Leora - I second the motion - - please post your pics with tips!
Woolygal said... (5/19/09 12:01 PM) Reply
It's a great top.
Time4me said... (5/19/09 0:26 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I am just about to make this shirt and I was wondering why there were not very many reviews for the top. Leora, This is next on my sewing list so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take a pick of the v neck binding and maybe send a link to where I can see it? Dawn
Leora said... (5/18/09 10:44 PM) Reply
I'm needing to make a few more of these, thanks for the nudge. Yes, break out that serger! You can go through the SM once to make sure your binding is where you want it, then go again through the serger. When you do the front V, pull the fabric as you feed it so it goes through straight instead of trying to go around a corner, then deal with making the V triangle inside. I can take a pic of mine if you want to see.
Passion4Sewing said... (5/18/09 8:20 PM) Reply
Looks great. As far as making the entire top with a serger- yes, except that it is nice to fold over the bottom hem and armholes and use a double-needle stitch (lengthen your stitch and use BALL-POINT double needle...wider looks more RTW) using a regular sewing machine.
Peggy said... (5/18/09 5:29 PM) Reply
Nice top and you have great arms! Watchout Michelle.
JEF said... (5/18/09 12:13 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review; it's very helpful. Your top turned out great and I can't wait to see more versions!