Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5106 (Bolero Jacket)

Reviewed by:drsue

About drsuestarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/11/03
Sewing skills:Beginner

Posted on:12/14/03 7:03 PM
Last Updated:12/14/03 7:07 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
EleanorMcCarthy said... (2/6/07 2:06 AM) Reply
Love your jacket drsue. I wouldn't have thought of using a brocade with this pattern, but it turned out terrific. I have read in Threads that if you wash the silk brocade, it gets much softer, though its character is somewhat changed. Maybe you might like to try that another time. I think this would be a terrific jacket for dressing up. You should make one in black too.
drsue said... (12/4/06 9:51 AM) Reply
Doris: I really don't have that problem with this jacket. It probably is a fabric issue. My fabric is 100% silk. Though it is stiff it is quite malleable; thus it shapes nicely around the neck.
drdeez said... (12/4/06 1:55 AM) Reply
drsue, love you jacket. Here's a question. Did you find the collar in the back did not lie flat with the heftier fabric. I have made a muslin and the collar is too wide and sticks up too much.
oldsewandsew said... (1/5/04 5:21 PM) Reply
Beautiful Jacket!
drsue said... (12/15/03 8:54 PM) Reply
OOPS, I mean "the sewing place."
drsue said... (12/15/03 8:52 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the great comments: Diane E: I think I can only get away with wearing black or dark grey with this jacket, the simpler the style the better. Cindyann: The ties were done with 1/4" petersham (real grosgrain) that I bought from the pattern place
mudcat said... (12/15/03 5:35 PM) Reply
Really nice jacket. The fabric is nice and you're lucky you can wear that color.
Danvillegirl said... (12/15/03 5:25 PM) Reply
Like this jacket. I have made this jacket and as you state it is very easy to make. I love the colors of your jacket. Thanks for the review.
Gigi Louis said... (12/15/03 1:46 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I love the fabric and the color.
GorgeousFabrics said... (12/15/03 7:25 AM) Reply
Sue I love the fabric! And great job, too...
cindyann said... (12/15/03 7:20 AM) Reply
Just beautiful! I've had this pattern on my wish list for a while, but I think it's time to actually get it. What did you use for the ties?
CarolynGM said... (12/15/03 3:01 AM) Reply
Wow drsue. Your jacket is beautiful and stylish. I've made 2 long bolero jackets, but having seen your interpretation, I believe I must now try a short one.
Ann Smith said... (12/14/03 11:45 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! I just love it.
Deepika said... (12/14/03 10:29 PM) Reply
drsue I love reading your reviews! Like all your other projects this one's a stunner too! I have this pattern but now I want the Piazza jacket pattern too after reading your other reviews. And I've never even made a jacket for myself before :) Thanks for the review.
Debbie Spriggs said... (12/14/03 10:01 PM) Reply
That's a beautiful jacket! Very pretty combination of pattern and fabric!
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (12/14/03 9:38 PM) Reply
Great job! Fabric looks perfect and wonderful!
Motorposus said... (12/14/03 9:37 PM) Reply
Pehaps it is because of the relative stiffness of the brocade, but I think your jacket looks shaplier than the ones shown on the pattern. Very beautiful.
jlg said... (12/14/03 8:18 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous. I love that material.
Diane E said... (12/14/03 8:10 PM) Reply
Oh I love love love this! Sue, this is an absolutely gorgeous jacket. What colors/garments are you going to wear with it? I have some silk brocade that will work beautifully and washed, it softens up so nicely. Thanks for the idea!
JDpenelope said... (12/14/03 7:40 PM) Reply
Beautifully done. Flashy, but with lots of style.
galadriel45 said... (12/14/03 7:22 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket in a beautiful fabric. Very successful combination of color, design and fabric.

by: CurlyCraft...