Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8582 (MISSES' TOP)

Reviewed by:Riesie

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Fiberhead said... (2/6/10 6:11 PM) Reply
Reviewer wrote: "The side drape is not long enough to be an obvious drape" and noted "I shortened the length by 3" -- Did this alteration make the side drape not "an obvious drape"?
Pam in Virginia said... (10/7/09 9:26 AM) Reply
I understand what you said about the pattern and it may be better suited to the tall and thin, but I think you did a fantastic job of rescuing it. It is flattering and in the photo appears well made, hangs nicely, etc. Good job.
Samina said... (5/30/09 1:22 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I think I disagree with you. I made the sleeveless version in a plum bamboo knit. I also had to shorten the length by 3" so it was more in scale with my 5ft 4in height, but I kept the side drape and it looks great. The neckband was a little fiddly to work with but do-able, as long as you expect the result to be an arty, interesting neckline rather than clean finished. I also checked out Marci Tilton's website where she gives you some hints and photos of this particular pattern. I am certainly going to make this top again.
moonchild61 said... (5/25/09 9:11 AM) Reply
You kept your cool and made it work! Thanks for the review; I will avoid this pattern.
Annette1 said... (5/25/09 0:59 AM) Reply
Nice save on this one! Thanks to your innovative changes, you made this a very cute and very wearable tank. It'll look nice under jackets or just on its own. I'm trying to remember if I've made any Marci Tilton patterns. Yes, I've made two. Both of them ran VERY, VERY, VERY big. I'm not sure if they're all that way, but the ones I made were, at least (both of them being jackets). Great job!
renren said... (5/24/09 11:28 PM) Reply
I love your shell. I have some Marci Tilton patterns but I wonder if I will ever sew them. They strike me as artful, avant garde . . . and high risk, at least for this beginner. But your shell is great, really nice looking and also a good fit.
marec said... (5/24/09 7:14 PM) Reply
I love all of Marci Tilton's patterns but this one...thanks for the review. Sorry it did not work for you but at least you have a shell.
msladyj said... (5/24/09 5:19 PM) Reply
You saved a wadder. The shell looks nice. Thank you for the review.
mssewcrazy said... (5/24/09 3:49 PM) Reply
When I looked at the pattern photo I thought how cute but after going to have a look at the line drawing I thought oh dear. I think I will pass on this one as well- at least you were able to salvage a shell instead of creating a wadder.
Andreahg said... (5/24/09 1:58 PM) Reply
Sorry it didn't work. Each wadder is a learning experience!
michellep74 said... (5/24/09 1:50 PM) Reply
Thanks for sharing your experience with the pattern--I agree that the drape looks awfully odd when sewn up. At least you were able to salvage it into a shell!

Sewing Workshop Sandra Betzina Vest & Skirt Pattern