Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7628 (DRESS AND JACKET)

Reviewed by:Patti B

About Patti Bstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/29/02
Posted on:5/20/09 5:01 PM
Last Updated:5/20/09 5:28 PM

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Coat/Jacket
Christas said... (6/13/09 9:18 AM) Reply
Wonderful workmanship! The dress is so pretty. Congrats on her great achievement!
Luckylibbet said... (5/21/09 11:51 AM) Reply
We missed you at PR Weekend! but totally understand why. What a lovely dress for your daughter's special occasion - love the color, drape and hang of it. And congrats to her on her MBA.
Barbara V said... (5/21/09 9:54 AM) Reply
What a special dress---so beautifully sewn for your daughter's achievement. Congratulations! With a perfect fit, lovely fabric and style and quality construction, what a lovely gift for your daughter's special day! Congratulations!
Kellie R. said... (5/21/09 9:07 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! Your daughter looks stunning... the underlining and seams are beautifully made. Nice workmanship!
Ronda Rae said... (5/21/09 7:57 AM) Reply
Nice work! Congrats to you both. MBA! Good for her.
mssewcrazy said... (5/21/09 7:23 AM) Reply
This dress is wonderful. I will have to remember the bodice technique to ditch the facings as I really hate those on this type dress but didn't know what else to do so I will make this idea mine. Thanks for the great reviews.
kerrynw said... (5/21/09 2:33 AM) Reply
It is great when your daughter appreciates your creativity. Beautiful dress.
marycyn said... (5/20/09 9:19 PM) Reply
Your dress looks great. i also made this dress. I am petite and the pattern fit me perfectly. I used a rayon cotton batik (Apple Annie fabrics) I made no adjustments whatsoever. Howevr i did have a designer challenge when I cut out the skirt portion of the dress on the fold to avoid the seam. This presented the challenge of where to put the zipper. The resolution was that I put the invisible zipper in the side which i thought was better anyway. I also goofed and did not cut the band on the bias, I would recommend cutting on the bias.
Vintage Joan said... (5/20/09 8:31 PM) Reply
Nice! I love the classy and unusual color combination of the ensemble -- the brown and grey look wonderful together. (Well OK, I see from your jacket review that the grey is actually black and tan, but from further back they look like solid grey. :) )
Leora said... (5/20/09 8:05 PM) Reply
Pretty dress! You're gonna have to meet me and show me around this shop! Beautifully done.
Gold said... (5/20/09 7:26 PM) Reply
Your dd looks wonderful in that dress!That is sweet that she still wants you to sew for her! :)
Sallygirl said... (5/20/09 6:31 PM) Reply
Love this!
Peggy L said... (5/20/09 6:14 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! Congratulations on her achievement.
Vonnevo said... (5/20/09 5:28 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress Pati :) How wonderful that your DD asked you to sew the outfit for her special day ! Congratulations to you both :)

by: Lori V

Victory Madeleine Paper Pattern

Victory Madeleine Paper Pattern

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Other Dressmaking with Liberty