Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1409 (Madison Avenue Dress)

Viewed 1922 times
Reviewed by:MaryG

About MaryGstar
WA USA
Member since: 8/9/02
Posted on:12/19/03 10:13 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 1 people

mudcat said... (12/21/03 4:09 PM) Reply
Very snazzy dress. I like your house too, from what I can see of it in the photo.
Danvillegirl said... (12/20/03 6:55 PM) Reply
You look marvelous!! I am adding this to my wish list. I have a few extra lbs. myself but seeing it on three different people, I think I might take a chance on it.
Lisette said... (12/20/03 12:35 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, beautiful house! I am in the middle of painting my hallway and the color is as bright as the ones in your house (ok so it is the 4th shade I tried...)
AnneM said... (12/20/03 11:40 AM) Reply
Mary, it never hurts to see another review of the same pattern. You definitely are not frumpy in that outfit! DH must have been impressed. This is one of those patterns I've liked fromthe first time I saw, but haven't convinced myself to spend the money on yet. Your review is certainly moving in that direction!
Gigi Louis said... (12/20/03 11:33 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Love the gloves too. :-)
MaryG said... (12/20/03 11:21 AM) Reply
Oh, I am blushing! Thank you all for your kind remarks. It's so much fun to read and share reviews! This Fall we decided to re-paint our interior. It was so um, respectable. Old houses can really darken any color, so with the help of a designer friend I went for it! It was a leap of faith though. We are happy with the colors, they're lively and fun. The house is an 85 yr. old lady and I thinks she likes her makeover.
Diane E said... (12/20/03 9:43 AM) Reply
Gosh, Mary, you look like you're about to step out to the Academy Awards or some other swanky soiree. Lovely lovely lovely! As others have said, the gloves look great and your house looks beautiful and you look stunning.
Lisa Laree said... (12/20/03 9:12 AM) Reply
Wow, Mary, this dress looks great! Very flattering! Good job! (you need to come out of lurkdom a little more often... ;) )
JDpenelope said... (12/20/03 8:32 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this dress..don't notice any extra pounds; it's very flattering on you! After looking at yours, jlg's, and Deepika's photos, I agree that this pattern works for different body types; have added it to my list.
Deepika said... (12/20/03 7:52 AM) Reply
Mary, you look so lovely in your new Madison Avenue Dress. This a wonderful pattern and like you said looks good on all figure types. Thanks for your review.
Tonia Van Dyk said... (12/20/03 7:11 AM) Reply
You look fabulous! Beautiful dress, love the gloves with it.
jlg said... (12/20/03 5:17 AM) Reply
Mary, how exciting to be copied. Your dress is beautiful on you. I also like your colorful house.
Linda E. said... (12/19/03 10:42 PM) Reply
Love your dress. you did a beautiful job on it.

No Pattern Used 001