Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8552 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:SueV

About SueVstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 1/29/04
Posted on:5/26/09 2:35 PM
Last Updated:8/11/09 2:04 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people

AuntieShel said... (1/31/10 10:04 AM) Reply
Thank you for this review. I am going to make this dress and searched for reviews. Unfortunately, I cannot see your photos, I get an error message. You answered my question about the shape, though! Was afraid it might look like a burlap bag on me, but you have inspired me to go ahead.
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (8/11/09 5:14 PM) Reply
oooooo, Sue, I love it. Beautiful work, as usual.
Kay Y said... (8/11/09 2:31 PM) Reply
I love this new version!
dlwk said... (8/9/09 3:35 PM) Reply
I have just made this dress and although the processes are not difficult I think you need a lot of patience to complete the garment. I think the pockets and their placement are "tricky". I was not thrilled with my result. I think it works best on very slim younger women.
pammieh said... (8/1/09 1:55 AM) Reply
I bought this pattern - thanks for the tips. I am going to do it first in a light stretchy denim as a test for some nice light wool plaid fabric (to wear with tights:)). I'm worried about the denim - love what you did!!
Kathi R said... (5/29/09 6:48 PM) Reply
Wow, I never would have looked twice at this pattern.....but you really made a winner out of it. This looks like a dress that you can make again and again. Thanks for the review.
Kathi R said... (5/29/09 6:48 PM) Reply
Secretsugar said... (5/28/09 8:21 AM) Reply
This dress came out beautifully! I like the pockets on the side like that and think they (and the length) definitely decrease the muu-muu potential of this dress. Lovely!
jso4fun said... (5/27/09 12:06 PM) Reply
Love the dress, love the fabric. And I like the sneak peak of your sewing machine and thread collection in the background, too!
carolynw said... (5/27/09 9:41 AM) Reply
Really nice - great match at the back!!
shesflipped said... (5/27/09 8:17 AM) Reply
Super cute dress, Sue! The fabric is perfect for this style of dress!
2 Airedales n Me said... (5/27/09 1:14 AM) Reply
I just bought this pattern and thought it would be a cute summer shift. I really like how you've used a printed linen for it...has me thinking of my stash....... Thanks for the review.
sew2little said... (5/27/09 0:40 AM) Reply
Sue--What a great dress in beautiful, beautiful fabric. I wouldn't have given this pattern a second look, but your rendition inspires many looks! Marci
ButtonFaith said... (5/26/09 9:41 PM) Reply
This is too cute! I gravitate towards looser styles and this one caught my eye but I, too thought it might look too mu-mu-y! I'm so glad to see this made up! It's inspired me!
Annieq said... (5/26/09 8:54 PM) Reply
Oooh, I bought this pattern a month ago. Now you've inspired me to move on it. Thanks!
theluxuriousvagabond said... (5/26/09 8:24 PM) Reply
Wow, I love the fabric with this pattern. It looks very fresh and pretty!
Ann Smith said... (5/26/09 6:13 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress and fabric. I passed on this pattern for the same reason you were worried about but now I think I will have to get it and use some of my linen.
marec said... (5/26/09 5:47 PM) Reply
So pretty-and the back pattern is very striking.
Kellie R. said... (5/26/09 5:26 PM) Reply
I'm so glad that you decided to cut into this beautiful fabric! I love linen and this fabric is perfect for this dress. Great job!
Schnauzer said... (5/26/09 5:05 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! The pattern and fabric were made or each other.
JudyP said... (5/26/09 4:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful fabric, beautiful dress!
carnelian said... (5/26/09 4:21 PM) Reply
A great choice for a gorgeous fabric!
maryfrana said... (5/26/09 3:18 PM) Reply
Love everything about this dress. The fabric, the design, the pockets. Thanks for the review and I guess I need to buy this.

Pattern Work