Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6718 (Babies Dress Panties and Headb)

Reviewed by:SoVintage

About SoVintagestar
Member since: 5/11/09
Posted on:5/26/09 6:15 PM
Last Updated:5/27/09 5:43 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Baby clothes
busymomof3 said... (6/8/09 2:18 PM) Reply
I LOVE this outfit! I wish my girls were small enough to wear it :) I find myself sewing smaller sizes when I use the big 3 patterns. (at least for my girls)
chick3y said... (5/28/09 1:49 PM) Reply
All of the baby patterns I've used run really big. Your fabric is too cute. I'm really loving the New Look baby patterns...they are so cute!
SoVintage said... (5/27/09 5:37 PM) Reply
On the back of the bloomers I cut the fabric about 2" wide and doubled the length accross the the bottom area. I then overlocked the hems on the top and bottom and gathered them in the middle...at the 1" mark I just ran a gathering stitch. I placed them accordingly and stitched them in place. I used to pieces so it kind of looks like 4 ruffles. Hope that Helps
marycds said... (5/27/09 5:05 PM) Reply
What did you do to the bloomers to get the contrast? I haven't really looked much at New Look but will have to check them out. Thanks. I know what you mean about sizes for the infant patterns. So upsetting since I need to mail things. On a few outfits, by the time they fit it was the wrong season.
morzel said... (5/27/09 10:15 AM) Reply
What a wonderful outfit for your GD! Great fabric selection. Is is more than worth waiting for the garment to fit...
Heatherrique said... (5/27/09 0:23 AM) Reply
ADORABLY beautiful! Delightfully clever use of fabric and color!
Christas said... (5/26/09 7:03 PM) Reply
Oh, SO cute! I love pink and brown together. Thanks for the info on the sizing.
ClaireEmily said... (5/26/09 6:56 PM) Reply
I really love your fabric combinations. So sweet! Thanks for the warning on the sizing.

SewBaby Clutter Catchers Pattern

SewBaby Clutter Catchers Pattern

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)