Pattern Reviews> You Sew Girl> BO331 (large tote and satchel)

Reviewed by:crazygrad

About crazygradstar
Member since: 11/11/07

Posted on:5/31/09 6:55 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
LeahT said... (6/28/09 9:40 PM) Reply
Hi Crazgrad, thanks for the review! I've had this pattern for a while and have been meaning to make this up but obvioulsy haven't gotten around to it. Perhaps like sew4dasoul I have been waiting for the right fabric to come along... Love the split colouring you did on the flap and the vibrancy of the florals! I'm feeling a bit inspired to give the pattern a go now... My guess on the topstitching is that you've sewn it from the outer side and didn't first press the inside fabric away from the seam and the fabric has gotten caught up in the stitching. Good luck with getting it better on the next one - I hope you'll upload some photos of them when you're done :)
nicolemall said... (6/8/09 9:59 PM) Reply
I just checked your facing stitching.... Have a peek at the instructions again and you'll see that the stitching is supposed to be about 2mm from the seam. This holds the top seam open and flat and allows the facing to fold back neatly. Any problems, send me an email and I'll try to explain better.
Patzee said... (6/1/09 3:20 AM) Reply
Glad to read your review. I wasn't sure about the amount of info was contained in each patter. Your review is very helpful.
sew4dasoul said... (6/1/09 1:17 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I bought this pattern awhile ago but still haven't gotten around to making it yet. I'm still waiting for the right fabric for this bag :-)
Patti B said... (5/31/09 11:21 PM) Reply
What fun bags! I'm glad to hear that the instructions are so thorough.

BurdaStyle Magazine 05-2009-114