Pattern Reviews> Other> LL014 (Child's Cleopatra Costume)

Reviewed by:Leslie in Austin

About Leslie in Austinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 1/30/03
Posted on:6/1/09 6:21 PM
Last Updated:6/1/09 6:30 PM

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Christina Sonja said... (10/24/09 12:49 PM) Reply
I am doing a Cleopatra costume for Halloween myself this year so I decided to check out who else has done one on PR... and much to my pleasure I found your review! The glue-on jewels are a great idea, might have to copy that :)
Leslie in Austin said... (6/4/09 6:57 PM) Reply
I drafted a basic bodice sloper (w/ a jewel neckline) using Emily's measurements and used that as a rough guide for the inner shape of the front and back collar pieces. I knew I wanted the collar to extend to her shoulder so I used that as the starting point for the outer curve and drew the curve I wanted around to the CF and CB respectively. Cut the front on the fold and added SA and "velcro allowance" to the back. I had to cut the collar as 3 pieces (front and 2 backs) and use shoulder seams b/c my scraps weren't big enough to do the whole piece in the round. I didn't fully trust the measurements I had for Emily (they were taken by a non-sewer using a piece of yarn), so I confirmed that I had drafted the inner collar big enough by drawing a circle w/ the circumference of Melissa's youngest and similarly sized kiddo's neck. The circle fit within the allotted neckline just fine so I knew I was on the right track! (Thanks again Miss M!) If that doesn't make sense, PM me!
CynthiaSue said... (6/3/09 11:50 PM) Reply
how did you draft that collar from scratch?? Amazing Leslie, I felt such a huge pang of guilt about not sewing more for my nieces!
BettyMike said... (6/2/09 12:28 PM) Reply
You are such a great Auntie!
Nancywin said... (6/2/09 10:07 AM) Reply
Ahh - how sweet is that? Cute costume too.
Peggy L said... (6/2/09 7:19 AM) Reply
What a good auntie you are - this turned out great! She looks like she loves it.
MelissaB in WA said... (6/1/09 10:37 PM) Reply
She's cute as cute can be! You did great Aunt Leslie - she looks beyond thrilled! :-)
Meredith P said... (6/1/09 10:23 PM) Reply
You are the bestest Aunt!!! What a great job.
Puppy said... (6/1/09 8:39 PM) Reply
TOO cute!!! I like your version better than the inspiration version.