Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2652 (Misses Jacket Project Runway C)

Reviewed by:ClaireF in CA

About ClaireF in CAstar
Member since: 1/22/08
Posted on:6/4/09 11:02 PM
Last Updated:6/4/09 11:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
DQDebra said... (2/20/12 11:10 AM) Reply
I am starting this right now - it is Project 1 in the Readers Digest sewing book. All of the comments are very helpful and hopefully will prevent me from making some mistakes. This is only my second garment, so I'm hoping I didn't bite off more than I can chew with it. Claire - I did want to tell you that I really like how yours turned out.
bampitt said... (8/27/11 1:50 PM) Reply
I'm in the middle of making this and I was wondering how the heck do you attach the front facing strip?? I'm having a heck of a time figuring this out.
kristinlala said... (3/15/10 11:45 PM) Reply
I am (was?) thinking about this pattern,and I just wanted to tell you I LOVE how yours turned out. Looks great, though it sounds annoying :)
sew4dasoul said... (6/14/09 10:46 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I bought a different Project Runway pattern but haven't made it for the exact reason you mentioned: it's too confusing trying to find the right instructions for your view! Despite the frustrations, your garment turned out lovely :-). Thank you for all the warnings.
pfaffkj said... (6/6/09 3:10 PM) Reply
Thank you for the heads-up on this pattern. You did a fine job despite the problems and your top/jacket is very nice looking.
AquariJenn said... (6/5/09 5:30 PM) Reply
I've noticed that about these Project Runway patterns. The instructions are difficult to negotiate and I had a bad experience with a pieces being poorly drafted. I'm glad you got through it. The jacket is cute. Sorry it was such a hassle.
taffee said... (6/5/09 5:10 PM) Reply
It may have been a aggravation but you did a really good job
Heatherrique said... (6/5/09 5:01 PM) Reply
Claire, despite the eccentricities of this pattern, you created a very pretty top/jacket! I like the fabric and hope you wear it a lot!
ClaireF in CA said... (6/5/09 1:14 PM) Reply
Your comments on my review made lemonade out of my lemon! Thank you all so much! :)
persevering said... (6/5/09 12:35 PM) Reply
Thanks for your informative review. Congratulations on achieving this pretty jacket/top.
Kathi R said... (6/5/09 12:27 PM) Reply
Thanks for your honesty -- I have used some of the Project Runway patterns and feel the same way....they are just a jumble. An extra page would give them enough room to print instructions for each view. Now that you worked so hard, enjoy your top, it looks great.
Kellie R. said... (6/5/09 10:06 AM) Reply
I think your top is very pretty! Thanks for the heads up, though, on this pattern. Great job making it work.
LisaG said... (6/5/09 9:46 AM) Reply
Claire, it is a beautiful top. I'm glad I read your review, because just looking at the photo made me want to add this to my pattern list. Now I think I'll pass. I have not read many positive reviews of these Project Runway patterns. Sorry you had such a bad experience, but I hope you get some wear out of this pretty top!
Nancy Rhodes said... (6/5/09 7:20 AM) Reply
Frustrations a side, your rendition is just lovely! Perfect match of pattern design and fabric choice. I want one but I will use a different pattern.... Thanks for the detailed info.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (6/5/09 6:52 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review...I'll pass on this pattern ! Though yours looks very nice!
Vonnevo said... (6/5/09 0:42 AM) Reply
Claire, I hope after a short break in the Magic Closet, you will feel the love for this top. It looks really nice and you did a great job, despite the problems you encountered :)
mastdenman said... (6/5/09 0:26 AM) Reply
It's beautiful. Let it rest in the closet for a couple of weeks and see how you feel.
Sew4Fun said... (6/5/09 0:16 AM) Reply
It's lovely! I like the eyelet you used. Hopefully in a few days the memories of the poor pattern will be erased.

Serendipity Studio Sew Serendipity Bag (book