Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Reviewed by:becca a

About becca astarstar
VT USA
Member since: 11/6/04

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:6/5/09 1:11 AM
Last Updated:6/5/09 2:08 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
TanitIsis said... (6/9/10 10:29 AM) Reply
Another thank you for the directions on the low-rise alterations, I used most of them when making mine and they worked out wonderfully (I left the back seat curve the size Q)---I would have been much more hap-hazard trying to lower the rise on them on my own.
Dobedowawa said... (4/7/10 10:28 AM) Reply

Dobedowawa said... (4/7/10 10:26 AM) Reply
The "before" jeans are great, and your review of the fitting very helpful. And I love the "after" jeans!!! I would love to know what paints those were and how it has held up in the laundry .... A cool summer project for my DD ....
Debbie Cook said... (6/6/09 4:39 PM) Reply
I LOVE the "after" jeans!! How totally creative and cool to have such a unique "print."
pfaffkj said... (6/6/09 3:06 PM) Reply
What a great Mom you are! Not mention great seamstress -- those jeans are wonderful.
Ellenatlga said... (6/6/09 9:52 AM) Reply
OMG! what did you say/do when she walked in with the painted look? heheh! She definately has an eye for color, those painted jeans look wonderful! Very youthful, very high end. I've got to get this pattern...
chelsy21 said... (6/6/09 7:41 AM) Reply
I love what your DD did to her jeans! If I was several decades younger, I'd want some just like that! Okay, I do anyway, but I probably won't do it. Great Job, both of you!
becca a said... (6/6/09 6:37 AM) Reply
Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I'm sorry my last comment repeated itself 3 times.
becca a said... (6/5/09 11:18 PM) Reply

becca a said... (6/5/09 10:46 PM) Reply

Puppy said... (6/5/09 10:39 PM) Reply
How FUN! I love the "after" effects!
becca a said... (6/5/09 9:44 PM) Reply
Ann, before I made the jeans we discussed that she could overdye the jeans to a color she liked or tiedye them, but I didn't know she would paint them at school. I've washed them now so they don't smell of paint, and the colors didn't run. I like what she did, and she seems happy with them.
Ann Smith said... (6/5/09 8:51 PM) Reply
How hilarious. Did you know that the plan was to decorate them when she left for school?
Heidi Ho said... (6/5/09 3:44 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the fit info. I want to try this pattern and the fit info will really help. I think all your pants turned out very nice!
Opals Passions said... (6/5/09 2:48 PM) Reply
I like the work you put into constructing them.. but I love what your daughter did to them after.. they look really cool...
okie2thdoc said... (6/5/09 2:16 PM) Reply
I love the way she decorated them! You did a great job.
Susan Fleury said... (6/5/09 2:09 PM) Reply
Excellent review. Your directions were so clear I could Mentally visualize them.
Raye Ann said... (6/5/09 1:45 PM) Reply
wow! great job on creating very RTW jeans- they look really good on her. thanks for explaining all of your adjustments.
persevering said... (6/5/09 1:01 PM) Reply
Fabulous fit - Thank you for your informative review.
Ariadne said... (6/5/09 9:15 AM) Reply
I've wondered how these fit on the thigns, since I'm not model slender. thanks for explaining all the differetn steps you took to alter this pattern, and also, why you did each step. The pants look great, btw!
Sallygirl said... (6/5/09 8:56 AM) Reply
These are awesome! Definitely a good day when a teenager wants her mom to sew her jeans. :)
VtMartha said... (6/5/09 8:30 AM) Reply
Very helpful review as I, too, have thin thighs. I just realized that I may pass these jeans on the street - I'll keep my eyes peeled. They are very cute.
Nancy Rhodes said... (6/5/09 7:17 AM) Reply
Bravo! on pleasing the teen....a tall order in their commercialized world.. Cute in green too.
yorkshire lass said... (6/5/09 3:11 AM) Reply
Extremely helpful review, especially the comment about the thigh fit and the alterations for fit. I too intend to make these into skinny jeans, but have matchstick legs, so that is good information to have. These look lovely on your daughter. Very impressed with the fit and finish you have achieved.

BurdaStyle Magazine 09-2012-134