Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8582 (Marcy Tilton)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:6/8/09 1:24 AM
Last Updated:9/28/11 8:41 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 24 people
sfshaza said... (9/30/11 3:49 AM) Reply
Ah! You look fabulous! I love how you used this fabric. :)
DorothyK said... (9/29/11 11:57 AM) Reply
Another great fabric with a tried and true pattern. You know how to match them up perfectly. Looks fabulous.
Hilary said... (12/15/10 8:28 PM) Reply
These are really beautiful on you, I would never have looked twice at this pattern but you may convince me :o)
Nancy K said... (6/21/10 8:13 AM) Reply
I love this version on you and I am tempted to buy this, but I wonder how it would look on my wide hips.
Karendee said... (6/3/10 5:12 PM) Reply
This black and white version of the MT top is amazing and looks so good on you.
sfshaza said... (6/3/10 1:36 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!! I love love this top on you. And what a to-die-for fabric and it's PERFECT paired with that stripe! I have made this pattern, but not this particular view. Thanks for posting!!
Barbara V said... (6/3/10 11:12 AM) Reply
I'm loving these longer tops on you...this one is really neat with wonderful fabric choice!
ryansmumAria said... (6/3/10 7:46 AM) Reply
Very nice!
Rebecca D said... (6/3/10 6:31 AM) Reply
I love that fabric to death, oh my goodness. And it looks so great made up in this top.
manola6176 said... (6/3/10 4:01 AM) Reply
fabulous
jso4fun said... (6/3/10 1:23 AM) Reply
Sorry about that. I accidentally posted this twice. You live and you learn!
jso4fun said... (6/3/10 1:22 AM) Reply
Gorgeous fabric and it looks so good with this pattern! Congratulations on another wonderful look. You are such an inspiration to me!
Sheila457 said... (6/3/10 1:02 AM) Reply
You have an eye for beautiful prints another lovely garment.
sew2little said... (6/3/10 0:50 AM) Reply
Love this version! Great combination of fabrics! Marci
sewing for fun said... (6/2/10 10:31 PM) Reply
Love the creative way you made a unique and well-fitted garment! You venture into your designs with such abandon and courage and come out with great, fun, wearable results!
drsue said... (6/2/10 10:30 PM) Reply
I love this! I bought that same CJ fabric, I would never have thought of the contrast binding but it looks fabulous!
Patti B said... (6/2/10 9:17 PM) Reply
Ann, the new version is even more lovely than the first one. Great use for that interesting fabric. Are you trying to sew up your stash all at once? hee hee
Rhoda K said... (6/2/10 8:07 PM) Reply
A beautiful top and you wear it well! I really like the style.
gotasew said... (10/8/09 9:28 PM) Reply
Thankyou. I have this pattern but haven't tried it yet. I will move it further up the wait list now that I have read your review.
kiddo said... (7/18/09 0:49 AM) Reply
Just beautiful!!!
cherylzone said... (6/30/09 6:25 PM) Reply
I LOVE this pattern....and it looks wonderful on you. Thanks for the review!
CarolynGM said... (6/12/09 9:27 PM) Reply
I love it! Great necklace too. I wasn't at all attracted to this pattern until I saw it on you. Now I think it's a fabulous look.
Riesie said... (6/9/09 9:30 PM) Reply
Well, I have to say I am glad the pattern worked out so much better for you than it did for me. You may be uncomfortable in the high neck but it looks terrific on you.
cmarie12 said... (6/9/09 10:11 AM) Reply
Ann - I agree with Phyllis! No one sews or wears these styles as well as you do!
Harriet Rogers said... (6/9/09 9:28 AM) Reply
Ann: well, this certainly is a winner on you. Looks terrific, and I must say that you've made the $1 a yard fabric into a designer-looking top. Guess I'll be heading to FabriX while in SFO.
gaginny said... (6/9/09 8:15 AM) Reply
Gorgeous....simply gorgeous.....you choice of material is super.....the fit is great and, as always, you look beautiful in the outfit.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (6/9/09 6:47 AM) Reply
Wow Ann....the tunic and you in it are absolutely gorgeous ! I always enjoy seeing what you sew, as we are about the same size.
Marilyn N. said... (6/9/09 0:59 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review. I think I will make this after seeing how nice yours looks!
Patti B said... (6/9/09 0:08 AM) Reply
Oooooh, I love it! Once again you have inspired us all.
PhyllisC said... (6/8/09 9:51 PM) Reply
Ann, nobody does this look better than you!
Schnauzer said... (6/8/09 7:23 PM) Reply
This top is gorgeous! You look very elegant as always. Another one for my wish list.
Kelly D. said... (6/8/09 2:14 PM) Reply
As good as this looks in the picture, I can testify that it looks even better in person! The perfect marriage of pattern and fabric.
Grammy Gin said... (6/8/09 1:14 PM) Reply
Looks fabulous on you!
DorothyK said... (6/8/09 12:34 PM) Reply
Ann, this top is fantastic and wonderfully flattering. I love the fabric and the twisted neck. I've been wondering what to make next, and now I think this pattern will be it.
persevering said... (6/8/09 11:50 AM) Reply
How lovely you look in this top and accessories! Thanks for your review and especially for sharing the sizing details.
SueV said... (6/8/09 11:24 AM) Reply
This version is really cute. I made the rounded neck, shorter length (with short sleeves) with "Portland" black rayon knit and haven't reviewed it yet but will. I used a mesh at the neck edge. I had success with my version too. I like this longer version with the cowl. thanks for the review
khunter said... (6/8/09 10:41 AM) Reply
so cute! I just bought my first Marcy Tilton pattern. I can't wait to sew it up. Love your reviews!!!
carolynw said... (6/8/09 9:36 AM) Reply
Ann you always look so nice in the patterns you choose - however, this one is perhaps one of the nicest I have seen on you - love the color - $1 per yard - sure looks a whole lot more expensive. Thanks fo rthe great review
Barbara V said... (6/8/09 9:09 AM) Reply
Ann, having seen your top in person I have to say it is not only a great extreme style for you; but an extremely flattering style on you....just a terrific fit!
Heatherrique said... (6/8/09 8:59 AM) Reply
Such a sleek looking top on you, Ann!
AnneMarie60 said... (6/8/09 8:50 AM) Reply
Fabulous top! I have admired this pattern. I love your fabric, too. You have flawless taste!
mm said... (6/8/09 8:49 AM) Reply
Another great Marcy Tilton pattern.
Tere Sews said... (6/8/09 8:29 AM) Reply
I loved this pattern too. I found it easy to fit and very flattering. I did a simple binding around the neck because my fabric was not the same on both sides but I intend to try the twist neck binding next time.
JoanneM said... (6/8/09 6:59 AM) Reply
Great fit. Cute top!
BillieJean said... (6/8/09 6:40 AM) Reply
This is just beautiful and I love the longer length on you. You've certainly made me rethink this pattern. It seems to me that success with Marcy's patterns depends on learning what size to cut to fit. And that's true of any pattern company or designer, isn't it. Thanks so much for the review.
DesertMorning said... (6/8/09 6:12 AM) Reply
Beautiful top!! This pattern is on my wish list already. I like your photo much better than the pattern illustration. I love it. Did you make the pants too?
Sew4Fun said... (6/8/09 5:25 AM) Reply
Looks great on you. I like the unusual sides too which I didn't like on the pattern illustration.
Kayseri said... (6/8/09 3:19 AM) Reply
Good looking top. I like your idea of when in doubt on a pattern make the most extreme version for the muslin.
Marciab said... (6/8/09 1:42 AM) Reply
Looks absolutely great on you!!

Violette Field Threads Stella