Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 3072 (Man's Colonial Costume)

Reviewed by:shanntarra

About shanntarrastarstar
TX USA
Member since: 3/19/09
Skill level:Expert/Couture
Posted on:6/12/09 11:55 AM
Last Updated:7/30/09 2:51 PM

See other patterns in this category: Costumes
dbsewer said... (7/30/09 5:53 PM) Reply
Well, yes, colonial garb was pretty boring but this costume is truly stunning. Congratulations on such a good job and I love all the cast photos.
SoVintage said... (7/30/09 5:45 PM) Reply
The gold detail is great. Great job again!
shanntarra said... (7/16/09 3:37 PM) Reply
They play takes place at a Dallas Texas theater. PM me if you want details. The show has been selling out, so if you want to see it make a reservation. Oh, and I have costumed him 2 other times. He is also the model for the british officers coat I made from a cival war pattern, and he is also the guy in the blue spandex.
DoggyGirl said... (7/16/09 1:44 PM) Reply
This coat looks really great, and I love the new cuffs. And that set is just awesome - makes me want to start doing plays again. Now just post a few more pics of this guy so we can... um.... continue to.... um.... comment on his outfit (yeah, that's it...).
Mary Stiefer said... (7/10/09 10:09 AM) Reply
WOW WOW WOW - This looks absolutely fabulous. I agree about not like seams to show but - in any case - this looks ery professional
Physics Girl said... (7/9/09 6:23 PM) Reply
What fun to see this made up as a pirates coat! Back in 04' I made this as a traditional "Sam Adams" coat for a Halloween out with a guy I was dating at the time -- and it is a great pattern... your variations -- especially this one -- have made me glad I'd kept it in the stash!
shanntarra said... (7/6/09 9:27 AM) Reply
The guy in the black and burgundy is married. The pirate in my red coat. He is single. I'm glad you like the coat. It looks great on the stage.
whirrclunk said... (7/2/09 5:54 PM) Reply
I really like the black detailing on the coat, looks great!
wreninrome said... (7/2/09 11:16 AM) Reply
Wonderful! I wish I could see see them in person. Where is the play? And is the guy in the red pantaloons single? ;)
Em's Summer said... (7/1/09 1:39 PM) Reply
The red coat looks great--all of the costumes look great!
shanntarra said... (6/12/09 12:15 PM) Reply
See comments regarding photos. :)
dbsewer said... (6/12/09 11:58 AM) Reply
At last, a nice photo. Thanks. I love seeing historical costumes and yours look great.

by: catintheha...