Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5824

Member since: 7/5/07
Posted on:6/8/09 12:37 PM
Last Updated:6/15/09 11:39 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Crafts

Hilary said... (10/4/09 7:45 PM) Reply
Your bag looks really nice; thanks for the tips1
JDpenelope said... (7/13/09 9:36 AM) Reply
Thanks for this info. I made myself a similar laptop bag from Simp 4391, but the instructions--which I definitely needed--for adjustable straps were inadequate, so I made non-adjustable straps. Like you, I left the fusible fleece in the seam allowances, because that helps to cushion the edges. But it gets very difficult if not impossible to sew if there is too much bulk, as you suggest. I might get this McCall's pattern if I make another bag for my dear step daughter. Thanks again.
atcsgame said... (7/7/09 5:25 PM) Reply
I used Fusible Fleece and Decor Bond for the interfacing. I do cut my interfacing smaller (seam allowance) so I do not sew through all those layers. The instructions for the adjustible strap is very clear. You can use this strap on any bag in the future. It was a birthday gift for my sister and she is thrilled with the bag. She uses it for her work laptop.
JDpenelope said... (7/6/09 7:31 AM) Reply
You did a nice job with this pattern. May I ask what you used for cushioning and was it difficult to sew? Were the instructions clear for sewing the adjustable straps? Thanks.
sewtime said... (6/15/09 4:53 PM) Reply
Cute bag!!! Love the fabric and handle!!
GlobalMom said... (6/15/09 11:42 AM) Reply
What a great bag! And thanks for the tips - I'll probably sew bags over the summer and it's nice to get some ideas on how to do it before I cut the first fabric.