Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4919 (Retro '52 Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:KozyKitty

About KozyKittystar
MD USA
Member since: 7/17/08
Skill level:Expert/Couture
Posted on:6/8/09 3:10 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear

The Smuggler's Daughter

Online Fabric Store

Victoria Jones Collection

Timeless Hawaiian styles

Jupiter, FL said... (1/27/13 2:24 PM) Reply
Lovely Dress! Perfect Fit --THANK YOU so much for details and photos of your muslin to correct the fit issues on the bodice. I am not an expert sewer, and was trying to figure out how to deal with exactly the gapping in my muslin that you addressed. Hope this will work for me -- I'm attempting it as a ball gown. . .
RobinMCPA said... (3/2/10 12:29 PM) Reply
Vicki, I love this dress! Interestingly I picked it out for a formal gala I'm attending at the end of next month (before remembering that this was the same pattern you made that I loved) and so I will be "muslining" this this week. I decided to go with a 12 when I was cutting the pattern pieces out b/c of the waist as the finished measurement was 28" but now after reading your review I may go down to a 10 (or even 8) and then add to the pattern tissue at the waistline as it will definitely be too small for me in those sizes given that it's at zero ease for me at the 12. I like that you used the bemberg rayon instead of the dupioni silk for the lining - about how much dupioni silk did you end up using then?
jhansby said... (6/14/09 4:44 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!!
theluxuriousvagabond said... (6/11/09 3:00 PM) Reply
This looks stunning! The deep red is a fantastic color on you, and I love your choice of fabric type.
Caroleleah said... (6/10/09 7:16 AM) Reply
KozyKitty, your dress is exquisite! Perfect color for you, and great fit! I've been wanting to buy this pattern, but have one question perhaps you can answer: As it wraps to the back to hook, then zip, are you able to reach it to hook it yourself in the back? I'm single, so no husband to help hook my dress in the morning! :) Is the dress awkward at all to fasten? Thanks for your help. LOVE your dress!!!
Kellie R. said... (6/9/09 8:00 PM) Reply
This is simply gorgeous! The color is so rich and vibrant. Great job!
sewsincere said... (6/9/09 11:09 AM) Reply
Very, very pretty dress!
Athene said... (6/8/09 10:17 PM) Reply
Your dress is fabulous and you look fabulous in it. This is such a great pattern.
imsewcrazy said... (6/8/09 7:54 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!! You look stunning in this dress!
Gelbean said... (6/8/09 6:31 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress and perfect fit!
sewtime said... (6/8/09 4:41 PM) Reply