Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 06-2009-115

Last Updated:6/11/09 12:24 PM
Pattern Size:Petite
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
Jennifer shaw said... (6/20/09 8:36 PM) Reply
Thank you for all of the tips. This was the pattern in this issue that I am dying to make!!
Lisamarieg said... (6/13/09 5:31 PM) Reply
Really cute you were so right on the running stitch it really looks cute anice detail
Opals Passions said... (6/12/09 11:11 PM) Reply
This dress is too cute... I may have make one for myself to wear around the house......
chrisquilts_2 said... (6/12/09 12:20 PM) Reply
thanks for the notice about the differences between the pattern and the photo...it's significant!
kerrynw said... (6/12/09 12:05 PM) Reply
Great review, cute dress!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (6/12/09 5:39 AM) Reply
Cute as... thanks for all the tips!
leanmeansewingmachine said... (6/11/09 10:10 PM) Reply
Very cute!
Catbird said... (6/11/09 7:59 PM) Reply
This is a great little dress. I love the contrast stitching and it suits your daughter's style. Looks great!
CynthiaSue said... (6/11/09 5:42 PM) Reply
i knew, knew your daughter would want this!! love how you "trick" her into your design ideas by telling her which version is "cooler"!! not that I could ever wear it but it's so perfect for 20 and under!!
RobinMCPA said... (6/11/09 5:12 PM) Reply
It looks great on your daughter! Thanks for the sizing tips!
Lori V said... (6/11/09 4:58 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review, this is such a cute dress and looks fantastic on your dd.
redhotpepper said... (6/11/09 4:42 PM) Reply
This is so darned cute! I love the white stitching and your daughter has the perfect bod for it!!!
LindsayT said... (6/11/09 4:23 PM) Reply
Persevering, it sounds like this would look great on you. Looking forward to your review!
quixoticpixels said... (6/11/09 3:25 PM) Reply
Really nice! I like the running stitch detail. Thanks for the info about the sizing, neckline and cutout.
CypGrl said... (6/11/09 2:10 PM) Reply
Go for it "Persevering!" I know women your age who could pull it off -- especially for the beach, resort, etc. Your daughter is a great model for your creations, LindsayT. Another winner!
Karen6790 said... (6/11/09 1:35 PM) Reply
Thanks for the warning on the difference between pattern and photo. I was thinking about making this and just making it a bit longer - I don't have 20-something thighs and it would look a little silly on me, but your daughter looks fabulous.
persevering said... (6/11/09 12:43 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review and I regularly read your blog. This is so adorable! And I want to make it too. Never mind I've never sewn a knit, haven't been sewing for quite a while (it is going to be soon though - I've promised to teach a young woman how to read a sewing pattern today - so before she arrives, I'll have my sewing area, stash, etc. finally organized) and I'm 56 years old (I bike, swim, walk and eat healthy 95% of the time & it shows). What do you (and other readers) honestly think?
Marji said... (6/11/09 12:41 PM) Reply
It's darling! Thanks for the heads-up on the hole size.
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/11/09 12:37 PM) Reply
Great dress! The hand stitching was a fantastic idea to add interest.
annie11 said... (6/11/09 12:28 PM) Reply
Love the idea of this as a beach cover-up. Thanks for the tips on the sizing!
cabinbaby said... (6/11/09 12:23 PM) Reply
That's really cute. I love that contrast running stitch.

Butterick B5776