Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 10-2008-108 (Swing Jacket)

Reviewed by:Kayseri

About Kayseristarstar
NEW ZEALAND
Member since: 4/21/09
Posted on:7/4/09 10:58 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Annette1 said... (7/5/09 11:47 PM) Reply
This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice, and VERY much worth all of your efforts. (Easy for me to say, right?) :o) I'm so glad you included the close-up of the fabric, too. This jacket looks good in the thumbnail, but when you get to see it UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL, it's OUTSTANDING. :o)
Barbara V said... (7/5/09 1:05 PM) Reply
The checkered faux fur with contrasting yoke looks terrific on your jacket. Great work! Enjoy!
Rhoda K said... (7/5/09 11:40 AM) Reply
What a great job and love the style of your jacket. Glad you stuck with it, the result is beautiful.
marjenann said... (7/5/09 8:56 AM) Reply
Wonderful jacket!! I am sure you will love slipping it on and enjoying your wonderful outdoors!!! Annette
dbsewer said... (7/5/09 8:24 AM) Reply
I'm so impressed. You did a great job. Faux fur is not easy to work with. I've made one ff jacket and am working on a second and it can be daunting. So huge props to you for such a terrific job. You'll get a lot of wear from this and I'm certain, many compliments.
Valerie S said... (7/5/09 4:14 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I've been considering this one too, and it's nice to see how the collar turned out since I would not have guessed that from the pattern illustration.
Kayseri said... (7/5/09 4:11 AM) Reply

Kayseri said... (7/5/09 0:55 AM) Reply
I forgot to add the collar to the Adjustments section so I've just updated that bit. My collar is standup only, but falls open when unbuttoned (it worked just as planned :-). I think you would need to fold over the pattern collar because 7 cm is a very high neck.
Patzee said... (7/5/09 0:49 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks wonderful! I love your fabrics. You did a great job with this pattern. Excellent review!
Mary Nanna said... (7/5/09 0:42 AM) Reply
Hey, well done! Many things to congratulate for - perserverance for a start! The end jacket looks great, and I love your fabric. I have looked at that jacket and wondered how it would look made up. Can I ask you about the collar - is it designed to stand or can it sit flat?
Sherril Miller said... (7/4/09 11:09 PM) Reply
Your hard work certainly paid off as your jacket looks great!

Lekala Patterns 5717