Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2931 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:ConnieBJ

About ConnieBJstarstar
ON Canada
Member since: 12/31/03
Posted on:6/11/09 9:12 PM
Last Updated:6/11/09 9:26 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear

velosewer said... (5/21/12 5:43 PM) Reply
This still remains a stunning dress.
CynthiaSue said... (9/15/09 4:37 PM) Reply
i don't even know what to say.... did you do your cardi wrap yet? i'm just going to copy what you do with your cardi wrap. I think I'll just copy everything you do from now on. Seriously, it's so amazing to be reinspired just when I think I have hit a wall in my sewing and have not where to go. Now i have something to aspire too. This is stunning.
Mahler said... (8/17/09 8:23 PM) Reply
You should have been a professionnal wedding dress designer. Nothing more to say. All my admiration goes to you !
laranoelle said... (6/16/09 2:15 PM) Reply
This is absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful gift for your daughter. :)
SheriF said... (6/14/09 6:56 PM) Reply
Wow, wow, wow!
jhansby said... (6/14/09 4:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! And the bolero is absolute genius!! What a great finishing touch!!
Mahogany Stylist said... (6/13/09 6:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful.
Lana E said... (6/13/09 5:00 PM) Reply
Holy Moly what a beautiful creation. I think the only thing more beautiful than the dress would have to be your daughter. But really, your work and finished result is nothing short of breathless.
SoVintage said... (6/13/09 11:49 AM) Reply
OUTSTANDING!
Elekis said... (6/13/09 9:58 AM) Reply
Simply stunning ... I have 2 daughters, 11 and 7 and I too am dreaming of their wedding days. Thankfully I have a few years to perfect my skills but you have given me something to aspire to. Congrats!
lyrae said... (6/13/09 2:05 AM) Reply
Wow. That is just gorgeous. Congratulations!
Raye Ann said... (6/12/09 11:09 PM) Reply
incredible! what a wonderful experience to have with your daughters. your skills are amazing, and the finished product is something wonderful to behold. bravo!
JEF said... (6/12/09 9:06 PM) Reply
THis is wonderful! I so hope I have your talent when my daughter (now 10) decides to marry.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (6/12/09 5:51 PM) Reply
36 buttons!! Ditto! Ditto!!;) ;) Everyone already said everything :( Gorgeous!!
carnelian said... (6/12/09 5:16 PM) Reply
Brava, great work!
nglalala said... (6/12/09 3:11 PM) Reply
The dress is amazing~! Great job!
Kathi R said... (6/12/09 1:56 PM) Reply
You are a sewing goddess!
moonchild61 said... (6/12/09 1:36 PM) Reply
Simply stunning dress and magnificent bride!
Kay Y said... (6/12/09 1:36 PM) Reply
I'm so impressed by this - the dress is really superb, the bolero intriguing as can be, and I just love the photos of the entire wedding party. How proud you must be, and how thrilling (but exhausting) the process of dressing your daughters.
redhotpepper said... (6/12/09 12:32 PM) Reply
WOW! The dress is absolutely stunning and your daughter looks beautiful in it.
Elke said... (6/12/09 12:16 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress and beautiful bride!
Kim Winson said... (6/12/09 9:46 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for sharing the wedding photos. The dress, the bride, the bridesmaids, and the happy couple are beautiful.
Frogstitcher said... (6/12/09 9:13 AM) Reply
Amazing! The dress and bride are stunning. I loved the story and I'm looking foward to reading about your next bridal dress adventure.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (6/12/09 7:01 AM) Reply
Stunningly beautiful.
MarthaA24 said... (6/12/09 4:11 AM) Reply
Connie, I've been looking forward to this review. You have 5 lucky daughters as you do beautiful work. Another beautiful wedding dress! I think one daughter is enough for me, wedding dresses are a lot of work!
sewkiwi said... (6/12/09 3:05 AM) Reply
Amazing dress. Its stunning.
TalyQ said... (6/12/09 1:38 AM) Reply
Oh, that is just stunning! Lovely dress.
homejewel said... (6/12/09 0:53 AM) Reply
Absolutely incredible dress. I had to check out the photographer's blog. The photos are all so lovely, then I had to check out your daughter's blog and saw your family picture. You all are gorgeous!
Mary in MS said... (6/12/09 0:39 AM) Reply
absolutely beautiful!
MaryDB said... (6/11/09 11:09 PM) Reply
Wow. Impressive and absolutely gorgeous - daughter and gown both. Nice work.
Sew4Fun said... (6/11/09 10:30 PM) Reply
Wow, divine dress!! You did an outstanding and exceptional job. Kudos to you! I think this is up there with the best wedding dresses reviewed here on PR. Your daughter looks beautiful!
okie2thdoc said... (6/11/09 10:14 PM) Reply
Wonderful job all the way around. Your daughter was absolutely beautiful and your impeccable work helped compliment her on her wedding day!!!
wendlesue said... (6/11/09 10:06 PM) Reply
This is just the BEST review EVER! I also have 5 daughters. One dress down, 4 to go. Your methods are impeccable, and I will definitely be referring back to this review. Bravo! Gorgeous, gorgeous dress, bolero, train, bride, everything!!!
leanmeansewingmachine said... (6/11/09 9:59 PM) Reply
Just beautiful!
Karen6790 said... (6/11/09 9:58 PM) Reply
This was worth the wait. The dress is amazing and Erica was a beautiful bride. I can't imagine the work that went into this and every stitch was worth it.
LisaRM said... (6/11/09 9:50 PM) Reply
Beautiful bride, beautiful dress. Thanks for sharing.
USMCMom said... (6/11/09 9:42 PM) Reply
What a lucky bride to have such a talented and generous mother! And the dress is to die for. I was oogling vicariously all through the review. My DH and I are coming up on 30 years and 5 BOYS, so I know I won't be sewing any wedding dresses for a daughter. But maybe if I keep practising, there might be a grand-daughter's dress in my future... So far, 2 grandsons...and don't get me wrong, I love them to death. But I don't think they'll want to walk down the aisle in a dress. Again..Great job!
Marji said... (6/11/09 9:38 PM) Reply
Connie, that is just fabulous! Really a lovely dress. So happy for you, and your daughters. Thank you for sharing this experience.
Ann Smith said... (6/11/09 9:23 PM) Reply
Fantastic. I love the dress and your daughter looks gorgeous in it but I am stunned by the bolero. That is so amazing. You did a paper draft in 10 minutes? I am in awe.

Lutterloh 85

by: Passion4Se...

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Classic Dress Shirt Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Classic Dress Shirt Pattern

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)