Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3675 (Dresses)

Reviewed by:Time4me

About Time4mestar
BC CANADA
Member since: 1/22/08
Posted on:6/12/09 1:37 PM

SMGSSG said... (8/11/11 9:19 PM) Reply
Well I just made this dress. I did a good job but I just did not think this pattern works for me. However I may turn it into a Halloween custum....maybe a gypsy! I am a beginner and so far have found 3 patterns that I have made over and over and at least four that I dislike....is it always this hard to learn to sew?
Time4me said... (6/15/09 11:07 AM) Reply
Oops double post again!
Time4me said... (6/15/09 9:58 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I have just started sewing for myself and am enjoying it immensely. I am learning so much from all the reviews and the boards. Too bad there is not enough time in the day :-)
Time4me said... (6/15/09 9:55 AM) Reply
heathercampbell29, This dress was made with a knit so I think it stretched a bit so the elastic was under the girls just fine. In my second version with a woven I did add length to the front bodice and it was needed. That version is my entry for the Ugly Fabric Contest and I have it almost fully made but I am not happy with it so I am going to change it. I will write a review and post photos and my plans for changing it so you can see what I don't like. Basically, I don't like my all over print for the whole dress (well what did I expect, it is an ugly fabric!).
Time4me said... (6/15/09 9:54 AM) Reply
Double post
SheriF said... (6/14/09 6:32 PM) Reply
Love the dress, love the color. Looks fabulous!
Athene said... (6/14/09 2:12 AM) Reply
Great dress.
heathercampbell29 said... (6/13/09 11:01 AM) Reply
Great dress! So no FBA on this? not even to lengthen the bodice so that the elastic was under the girls? I might have to try this one out. It's nice to see that peasant style with a v-neck, it's really flattering. I'm going to put this one on my to do list. Thanks for the review!
lyrae said... (6/13/09 1:59 AM) Reply
I love this colour and your dress is inspiring me to finally make something in it.
Sew tell me said... (6/12/09 6:53 PM) Reply
Great dress. I'm glad you posted a review of this. It's been sitting on my table for a minute. I too was concerned about the low cut v-neck.
lynne1nor said... (6/12/09 6:00 PM) Reply
Looks lovely!
unfinishedprojects said... (6/12/09 5:56 PM) Reply
Wowza! No one's even going to notice what you look like from behind.
msladyj said... (6/12/09 5:54 PM) Reply
this dress looks very nice.
Clareew said... (6/12/09 5:22 PM) Reply
I have been eyeing up this dress and was sure it should look much better than the KS photos. You proved that. Fabulous!!!
Teeavilnor said... (6/12/09 5:21 PM) Reply
Fantastic job, looks like a comfy dress for the summer.
sewtime said... (6/12/09 5:19 PM) Reply
Darling dress!!!
Gold said... (6/12/09 3:40 PM) Reply
Very cute dress!
morzel said... (6/12/09 3:28 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress!
michellep74 said... (6/12/09 3:27 PM) Reply
Great looking dress--I love the color! I bet that this will be smashing even when made up in your "ugly" fabric.
Izzie said... (6/12/09 3:13 PM) Reply
Nice dress! I'm the same size bust as you, so this review is very helpful. I look forward to seeing how it turns out with your "ugly" fabric...I think it will look awesome.
Time4me said... (6/12/09 3:09 PM) Reply
AquariJenn, The pattern has 4 pieces. The bottom is cut two on fold and sew up sides. The top front is two pieces and the top back is one piece (I cut it in two because I forgot to cut on fold). Then the raglan sleeves are cut 2 on fold. That means top and bottom are separate pieces. HTH
nglalala said... (6/12/09 3:04 PM) Reply
It looks very nice on you! I love the color too!
AquariJenn said... (6/12/09 2:51 PM) Reply
Cute dress. I'm contemplating this for my maxi dress. How many pattern pieces does this have? I'm just wondering if the bodice and skirt are separate pieces or all one. Thanks for the review!
vsmom said... (6/12/09 2:37 PM) Reply
You did a wonderful job on this dress. It looks great on you.
marec said... (6/12/09 2:30 PM) Reply
Cute dress, and definitely has the WOW! factor going on. :-)
Sherril Miller said... (6/12/09 2:14 PM) Reply
I'm all for a dress that hides the ugly and emphasizes the pretty! Very nice dress and such a pretty color.
SewLil said... (6/12/09 1:38 PM) Reply