Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 8722:Jiffy (1970's Keyhole Neckline Dress)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:6/13/09 5:07 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
redcleo said... (5/13/11 3:00 PM) Reply
Lovely! I didn't get to read this before making it up myself, but thankfully, as you said, it's easy and there weren't many modifications. Great review - very detailed!
Sheila457 said... (7/17/09 3:04 PM) Reply
Lovely top and like the keyhole detail. Congratulations to your princess.
Michelle L said... (6/18/09 9:03 AM) Reply
I love this!! Your reviews of vintage patterns are inspiring me to dig into some of the patterns that i have stashed away. I always worry that they will look "old fashioned," but your garments are always wonderfully current!!!
Kellie R. said... (6/16/09 2:49 PM) Reply
Love it! What a fun dress!!!!!
Jali said... (6/15/09 7:14 AM) Reply
The new glad-uate and Mum are shining in their retro-modern dresses. Congratulations!
Catbird said... (6/14/09 7:52 PM) Reply
You shine in this dress! I got such a kick out of seeing the pictures of Heather, so proud in her perfect graduation dress with her awards and her teachers and her pals. Just beautiful, both of you!
Mary in MS said... (6/14/09 3:03 PM) Reply
Those colors look great on you. :)
barbcl said... (6/14/09 1:35 PM) Reply
Great to see a really modern take on a vintage pattern. And no zipper needed! Looks really nice with the chain belt.
Em's Summer said... (6/14/09 11:32 AM) Reply
What a fun dress! It looks great on you! Very pretty!
lyrae said... (6/14/09 10:39 AM) Reply
Very cute, and great review!
Grammy Gin said... (6/14/09 10:21 AM) Reply
Great fabric for a very pretty dress. Thanks for all the tips. Love how you did thee keyhole! Both you & daughter look lovely in your dresses. She is always looking so SWEET & innocent! ;-)
Frogstitcher said... (6/14/09 10:16 AM) Reply
Great job on your keyhole dress. I love how the fabric pattern mimics the dress design; a perfect marriage between pattern and fabric.
eugenia123 said... (6/14/09 7:32 AM) Reply
I love the way you can take a really simple pattern and turn it into something really fabulous and expensive looking. This dress is so great.
busymomof3 said... (6/14/09 0:57 AM) Reply
Love your dress!!! The fabric is perfect for it! Heather is adorable in her too! Your reviews always make me smile. Thanks!!
tanroc75 said... (6/13/09 11:51 PM) Reply
This is too cute, I love the keyhole opening!
Annette1 said... (6/13/09 10:53 PM) Reply
Neat! I'd never heard Cher's version of one of my FAVORITE songs. :o) She looks so pretty there, too, but not QUITE as pretty as you in your new keyhole dress! VERY cute, and you're right, it really would make a cute top, too. (Did you read where Chastity is starting the process of becoming a man?)
renren said... (6/13/09 10:42 PM) Reply
Something so very sweet and just a little sad to see all those beautiful kindergartens on their big day. Why do I always get tears in my eyes at graduations??? Well, I hope you wore your same-fabric dress and matched your lovely daughter! I love to think about H. moving through the important events of her childhood in clothing made by mom. And it isn't too late for a mood ring--I just bought mood beads at J's to add to a tie on a blouse I sewed!!!
Christas said... (6/13/09 8:37 PM) Reply
Well, look at YOU! You look so stylish and cute in your new top! I used to always watch "Sonny and Cher" when I was a little girl ..... so many years ago! Your reviews always give me a fun trip down Memory Lane .
Nancywin said... (6/13/09 8:29 PM) Reply
Well, I'm old enough to remember the Jiffy patterns! This one turned out really cute and your fabric choice makes it look very current. Nice job.
Gelbean said... (6/13/09 7:22 PM) Reply
Great dress made with a beautiful fabric!
moonchild61 said... (6/13/09 6:45 PM) Reply
I was there and remember it all! Cute dress and great fabric!
marjenann said... (6/13/09 6:29 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for putting a smile on my face. Both you are Heather look exquisite in your new dresses and as lovely as can be! Annette
RobinMCPA said... (6/13/09 6:28 PM) Reply
Very cool! Looks like a great dress for going out on the town - love that print too!
FreyaStark said... (6/13/09 6:15 PM) Reply