Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2009-108 (Waistcoat/Vest)

Reviewed by:eugenia123

About eugenia123starstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 8/6/08
Posted on:6/14/09 10:31 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
Aunt Gail said... (8/15/09 3:09 AM) Reply
I would like you to think about making the dress up version - with a satin collar but the body be a burnout velvet with a black sheer lining? Just a thought. Great work and review.
kerrynw said... (7/14/09 12:26 PM) Reply
Very cute vest!
Heatherrique said... (6/16/09 0:50 AM) Reply
Sucy a snazzy waistcoat on you. Burdie's version did not catch my eye as yours did. I like the cap sleeves on you, emphasizing your sleek arms.
RobinMCPA said... (6/15/09 10:37 AM) Reply
Looks great!! Very helpful review also.
Lizz said... (6/15/09 10:16 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for the helpful tips, especially pressing the sleeves the correct direction. I am planning on adding this to my sewing list ASAP!
lamstu said... (6/15/09 2:49 AM) Reply
This pattern is on my cutting table even now! Your review will be helpful as I proceed with my first ever BWOF. And your great result is so encouraging.
Catbird said... (6/14/09 7:41 PM) Reply
I like how this turned out! You've done a beautiful job, as you always do. And I like the buttons you've chosen. I agree that it would look great in satin. Velvet, too!
Linda G said... (6/14/09 6:25 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I have looked at this pattern several times and I think your review has convinced me to make it up, I have some left over wool from a pair of slacks, not really enough for a jacket but I could make this vest. I am thinking it would look great in the winter over a turtleneck.
Karen6790 said... (6/14/09 4:33 PM) Reply
This turned out really pretty. I love the linen, that little bit of shine really adds something, and the buttons were worth the search, it all came together beautifully.
Markie1 said... (6/14/09 4:25 PM) Reply
Thank you for a great review. This looks great on you and now I HAVE to make it! Your tips will be revisited by me often, I suspect. Great job.
Lynz said... (6/14/09 2:18 PM) Reply
Your waiscoat looks great on you.
Judy Wentz said... (6/14/09 1:58 PM) Reply
This is a lovely vest. It looks very nice on you. Great job!!
Christas said... (6/14/09 1:55 PM) Reply
This looks so nice! Your fabric choice is really pretty.
cabinbaby said... (6/14/09 12:49 PM) Reply
Very nice vest. I love your version.
Lori V said... (6/14/09 11:09 AM) Reply
This looks great on you, a very nice wardrobe addition.
Beek said... (6/14/09 10:52 AM) Reply
This is such a cute vest/top. It looks great over a sleeveless tank - makes the outfit more versatile. Nice review - thanks!
Frogstitcher said... (6/14/09 10:50 AM) Reply
This is very flattering on you. I like that one could accessorize with this waistcoat and advance a casual outfit up one notch especially your version with the silver thread woven in.

You Sew Girl 200mm Glam Purse Pattern