Pattern Reviews> Brensan Studios> BSS128 (Slant Pocket Pants)

Reviewed by:pterion

About pterionstarstar
Member since: 11/29/04
Posted on:6/14/09 10:04 PM

Judy Kski said... (10/11/14 12:56 PM) Reply
These pants fit you perfectly! All your prep work was well worth it. Thanks for a very thorough review.
MNBarb said... (1/28/14 1:08 PM) Reply
I don't remember what led me to this pattern review (you know how it is). I am in awe of the perfect fit you achieved. In my dreams I will get to this fit some day. I hope you saved this TNT pattern!
Klutzy said... (4/8/13 11:34 AM) Reply
Although it says discontinued. this pattern is still available and I was glad to find your review. I wish someone who wears plus sizes would review them too so I'd have a better idea whether the pattern would work for me. You sure did a great job with these!
sewrose said... (1/20/13 5:45 PM) Reply
I don't know if you have made any more of these but they look fantastic.
Cultured Purl said... (5/19/11 7:25 PM) Reply
You did a really nice job on your first pair of pants! Great sewing and fitting!
sewcarolyn said... (8/31/09 11:01 PM) Reply
These are the best looking pants I have ever made. I was furtunate that they fit me right out of the envelop. They are also only the second pair of pants that I have made that actually fit right. As the last reviewer said the instructions are great. The only complaint I had was that the allowed fabric yardage was a lot more than I needed.
sewcarolyn said... (7/16/09 6:22 PM) Reply
I have also made these pants. They are the first pants that actually fit me right. I was fortunate that I didn't need to make any alterations. I totally agree that the instructions are great!
TessKwiltz said... (6/18/09 6:07 PM) Reply
Wow! Great pants! Thanks so much for the detailed review.
Raye Ann said... (6/16/09 1:43 AM) Reply
omg! these look soooo RTW. your first try(or third:)! they fit so well. you should be very proud.
wildberrymom said... (6/16/09 0:02 AM) Reply
Fabulous fit--these pants look great!
katie lynne said... (6/15/09 10:22 PM) Reply
All of your efforts sure paid off, these are fantastic fitting pants. Wonderful craftsmanship. NICE review!!
MizLiz said... (6/15/09 9:57 PM) Reply
Does the word "perfection" have meaning for you? It should !! I can only hope my first effort would turn out half as good. They are great and look perfect on you. You make me think that maybe I might try !!
Lisamarieg said... (6/15/09 3:03 PM) Reply
wow they look great nice job I cant believe that its your first time sewing that kind of pant awsome
barbcl said... (6/15/09 12:20 PM) Reply
Great pair of pants! They look better than the info photo. Good idea to do whatever it takes and take as long as needed to get such a terrific result.
Woolygal said... (6/15/09 10:41 AM) Reply
I think you got a perfect fit in these pants - I would look no further.
Kay Y said... (6/15/09 10:19 AM) Reply
Impressive fit on these! You did a fabulous job on them.
Flying Seamstress said... (6/15/09 7:03 AM) Reply
Congrats for reaching the pants milestone! You have achieved much so be proud. The fit and construction are fabulous; can't wait to see these sewn up in wool too. :)
MaryBeth said... (6/15/09 6:42 AM) Reply
Sounds like this is a great how-to pants pattern. You've gotten a wonderful fit. I see many happy pants in your future, congratulations!
Karla Kizer said... (6/15/09 6:24 AM) Reply
I can't imagine how they could be improved. They look perfect to me. Congratulations!
CarolynGM said... (6/15/09 5:32 AM) Reply
Outstanding work on your first pair of pants. You nailed the fit and the construction details. You should be very, very proud of yourself.
KathleenS said... (6/15/09 4:32 AM) Reply
Wow! You couldn't ask for much better than these.
Tiner W said... (6/15/09 0:22 AM) Reply
Wow! These look excellent! I have been afraid to try to make pants for myself.
Christas said... (6/14/09 11:41 PM) Reply
These are so beautifully sewn and look so nicely fitted. How thrilled you must be with how nice these look!
Patti B said... (6/14/09 10:56 PM) Reply
Your experimenting and muslining (?) paid off -- a lovely tnt pattern for you! I can't imagine what you would do to the back to improve the fit -- do tell!
knitmachinequeen said... (6/14/09 10:47 PM) Reply
The fit of your slacks is fantastic. Don't change a thing!
Heatherrique said... (6/14/09 10:47 PM) Reply
Wow! Sleek and impressive looking pair of pants! Brensan S. will have to thank you after selling more of this patterns!
Peggy L said... (6/14/09 10:41 PM) Reply
You got a great fit with these pants. Very well done!!
21wale said... (6/14/09 10:30 PM) Reply
Wow, these look terrific! I haven't crossed the non-elastic waist pants threshold yet myself!
ALFALFA said... (6/14/09 10:29 PM) Reply
great pants! They look good on you and for your first pants they look very professional. Hope i can do as well. lynne

Burda 9573