Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Last Updated:6/18/09 3:18 AM

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Heatherrique said... (8/29/09 11:59 PM) Reply
Fabulous looking top, Renren! I like those cool mood beads! Lovely merge of fabric and style. Thank you so much for your very helpful review with all the nice tips. I especially like how you deal with chiffon and now I know what I'll add to my list on my next visit to Home Depot!
SewSara said... (6/25/09 9:45 AM) Reply
I also avoid chiffon (scared), but it really works for this pattern. Thanks for all the great tips!
Miss Fairchild said... (6/21/09 9:13 AM) Reply
Beautiful top! And the tips on tracing the patterns and spraying the fabric were really helpful. Chiffon--eww! Such a challenge--so much that I try to avoid it.
wineyjudy said... (6/20/09 11:17 AM) Reply
You did a wonderful job on this blouse! It is really cute and stylish. Great review too!
Kellie R. said... (6/19/09 8:16 PM) Reply
Your top is lovely! Thanks for all of the tips about starching your fabric and tracing BWOF. Great job!
Patzee said... (6/19/09 5:59 PM) Reply
What a terrific review! Your fabric tips are greatly appreciated.
renren said... (6/19/09 11:42 AM) Reply
Thanks to everyone for your comments and good luck to everyone in the process of sewing this top . . . I think you will love this top, especially if you use a drapey fabric.
kerrynw said... (6/19/09 3:57 AM) Reply
Thank you for your comprehensive review. Your top looks great. I have cut this pattern out but still haven't made it up:(
Peggy L said... (6/18/09 8:54 PM) Reply
This looks really nice on you! Sounds like you met Burda's instructions head on. Good review.
pterion said... (6/18/09 1:47 PM) Reply
Lovely top and terrific review!
homejewel said... (6/18/09 1:12 PM) Reply
This review was very helpful in many ways. Thank you for taking the time to explain in detail and pictures how you worked with chiffon and also BWOF patterns.
Karen6790 said... (6/18/09 12:02 PM) Reply
I just traced this one yesterday, so thanks for the detailed review. And congrats on your first BWOF - you learned the best lesson in your first one, not to try to follow the instructions if they don't make sense, just use logic and your experience and do what seems right. That's the best way with their patterns in the end. Great result with a difficult fabric especially.
kidmd said... (6/18/09 11:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful! It looks great on you. I have been eyeing this pattern as well and will be adding it to the must sew list. Thanks for your review!
Barbara V said... (6/18/09 10:11 AM) Reply
Beautiful top! I have considered sewing this one so was much interested in all your great tips! Thank you!
jannw said... (6/18/09 9:43 AM) Reply
lovely top and an entertaining review..I'll have to try the spray starch..great idea on using the eyelets instead of buttonholes
Michelle L said... (6/18/09 8:42 AM) Reply
Thank you for the tip about the spray starch. I have always shied away from chiffon, charmeuse, and other "slippery" fabrics because I just had no idea how to handle them! But I might have to give them a try now.
JDpenelope said... (6/18/09 8:13 AM) Reply
Your review of this versatile and pretty top is entertaining, as well as educational! It takes time to put photos together, but is so helpful to the reader, and is much appreciated. I have a shelf of Burda WOF magazines, and have only sewn one pattern from them, also a top. This pattern and your review might be the inspiration I need to tackle another one.
britsnotebook said... (6/18/09 7:43 AM) Reply
Fantastic top! Thanks for the detailed review - this is really great! I am going to have to add this to my list.
FreyaStark said... (6/18/09 6:34 AM) Reply
A pretty top. I love brown, too. Thanks for a useful review. I'm planning to try BWOF patterns in a few months time - I'm sure it will be an experience!
Jali said... (6/18/09 6:15 AM) Reply
I can see why you love that fabric. It looks lovely made into this top, dressy, but not too much. For cutting polyester chiffon, I have read a tip in the Tips/Techniques section of PR that suggests using a base paper, newspaper for instance, and cutting fabric and paper as one. I have tried it and it does help with the slipping quite a bit. Linkhere.

Lekala Patterns 6131