Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1205 (Marseilles Shirt)

Reviewed by:Diane E

About Diane Estarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:4/18/02 10:38 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
PVA said... (5/12/04 6:35 PM) Reply
Diane, Thank you for the "burrito" tip on this review. I really like the style, and your version is just beautiful. I must give it a try.
Mini said... (3/10/04 10:52 PM) Reply
Diane, thanks for the tip on using the burrito for this shirt. I did it and it worked perfectly. I made a muslin of this shirt several years ago and rejected it because the proportions seemed wrong for my figure. I recently tried it again with a full bust adjustment. Now I really like it, especially with the improved collar treatment.
said... (4/20/02 9:57 PM) Reply
Diane E. I just finish making this shirt out of some stable striped knit I have had for several years. I also have some slinky that I am thinking about using to make one of these tops. Yours is really quit nice.
said... (4/19/02 2:10 PM) Reply
The idea is to begin applying the under and upper collar away from the end of the collar in front, so that you get a clean turn at the neckline. I'm going to experiment later on.
said... (4/19/02 2:08 PM) Reply
Hi Mary Ann, the burrito technique is described and detailed in both "Power Sewing Step-byStep" and "No Time to Sew" by Sandra Betzina. I'm not totally sure it would work on this shirt, but some variation might.
said... (4/19/02 1:59 PM) Reply
Diane, your work is so inspiring! I love the shirt! I would have bought the pattern, if only it was not $16.00 sigh!
said... (4/19/02 0:43 AM) Reply
Diane, that is a great shirt - I want that pattern.
said... (4/18/02 11:43 PM) Reply
Very pretty! Darn it, it's one of the few TS/LH patterns that I don't own - yet. :-)
said... (4/18/02 10:52 PM) Reply
What is the burrito technique? (I forgot to ask in my previous comment.) Is there a written reference somewhere?
said... (4/18/02 10:49 PM) Reply
Oooh, Diane, way cute shirt. I, too, Have this pattern and some slinky in my stash. Hmmmm. Thanks for the inspration.

by: EisigEyes