Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3605 (Mix and match swimwear)

Reviewed by:Mrs. Laurie L Mack

About Mrs. Laurie L Mack
AB CANADA
Member since: 3/7/05
Posted on:6/19/09 4:06 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
erin2222 said... (6/21/12 2:21 PM) Reply
When attaching the leg elastic, the instructions do not have you divide the elastic into quadrants. Pin and sew elastic without stretching in the front, until you get to the back. when sewing the elastic to the back (the bum area), stretch to fit as you sew. This is very important, so that the suit fits properly and looks good. If you sew with quadrants, stretching as you sew in the front, the bottoms will look "gathered" in the front, instead of flat against the body. This will also make the bottoms have less give in the back side.
debjoecarrie said... (10/4/09 4:12 PM) Reply
I'm getting ready to make my first swim suit for my dd. Is this pattern good for a swim wear rookie? Or would you suggest something else? I've never made any type of undergarment.
sews4sixkids said... (6/24/09 5:02 PM) Reply
Thank you for the insight in attaching the elastic in the panty, and for suggesting using a full lining. My daughter can hardly wait until I finish her suit!
homejewel said... (6/19/09 5:30 PM) Reply
I am finishing up a KS ladies swimsuit and am surprised to see that the directions have you divide the elastic equally into quadrants. On my suit, the directions had me pin the elastic to the front side with no stretching involved whatsoever and then stretching the elastic to cover the back side. I thought this was brilliant and the bottoms fit me great. I'd love to see a picture if you have one. Great review!

by: mimi g.