Pattern Reviews> Petite Plus Patterns> 0000 (Perfect Plus Shapely Blouse)

Reviewed by:rejoyce

About rejoycestar
AK United States
Member since: 4/4/07
Posted on:6/19/09 4:38 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
carmenrita said... (5/21/15 0:28 AM) Reply
I see from your posting date that my comment is a little late to be helpful. But for future reference:your figure is very similar to mine. We need a much larger bust dart from the side seam toward the bust. This is because the line from the underarm to the hemline is nearly straight, while the distance over is bust is curved--which takes up more length. You might find Peggy Sager's Fit2Stitch on YouTube helpful for a better inderstanding of bodice fitting. :)
allegra15 said... (6/28/09 10:45 AM) Reply
I really like that top. Has a simple look that i like!
Berniev said... (6/20/09 3:57 PM) Reply
I like it - its a pretty blouse, thanks for the review. I wasn't aware she had a book with pattern. I have a shell pattern of hers that I made years ago at least a half a dozen times. Your blouse makes me think I need to look again at my patterns in this line.
KathySews said... (6/20/09 12:43 PM) Reply
Good color for you and looks great.
cindyintampa said... (6/20/09 12:09 PM) Reply
I am so glad that you posted a review of the pattern from this book. The shirt looks a lot better on than I expected. I think it will be a TNT once you get it where you want it. It is a very wearable shirt, even with the wrinkles.
Annette1 said... (6/19/09 9:24 PM) Reply
Very nice, and definitely YOUR color! I won't even try to read the wrinkles, because I see we've already gotten good advice from the experts. :o) This is a very flattering top.
Kayseri said... (6/19/09 7:19 PM) Reply
Good looking shirt. I think your front wrinkle is caused by your girls sitting higher than the pattern's bust point. I suspect you need to move or rotate the darts so they point at YOUR bust point. Any instructions that show you how to do an FBA will show you this, or ask me & I'll try and explain.
Sherril Miller said... (6/19/09 7:11 PM) Reply
It's a very nice blouse and I would certainly wear it. However, I see sloping shoulders too. Pin about 1/2 In off the shoulder tapering to zero at the neckline and see if some of those wrinkles go away.
bconky said... (6/19/09 6:53 PM) Reply
I bought that book too, but haven't made anything from it yet. I hate when they make plus sized sleeves short. I don't know many plus sized ladies who want thier arms hanging out.
mssewcrazy said... (6/19/09 5:43 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I bought this book and need to try the blouse. Thanks for the tip to check the sleeve length and the length. Your blouse is nice-great that you love it and it wears well. That is more than I can say for lots of the plus sized rtw items I try on and they have wrinkles that cost lots more.
Andreahg said... (6/19/09 5:24 PM) Reply
It's a good start. I think you're right on about making it one size smaller. That was my first thought. Sometimes that diagonal wrinkle is caused by sloping shoulders.

More Knits