Online Sewing Class: Pattern Work

Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Liberty Shirt (Liberty Shirt)

Reviewed by:Terri K

Last Updated:10/14/09 12:48 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Cultured Purl said... (6/13/11 8:43 AM) Reply
I love the jacket and the fabric you chose to work with So far I have seen this pattern done up as a blouse, a jacket and even a very distinctive T top! I think it is well worth the price for a very unique wardrobe piece~ It is so versatile! Yours looks really pretty
Aless said... (11/22/10 2:31 AM) Reply
Just beautiful,Terri! I've just bought it, and have some lovely fabrics bought on holidays overseas-can't wait to try them with this pattern.Inspiring!
cyndylou said... (11/3/09 9:44 AM) Reply
Thanks, Terri! Lovely work and really great review of what has one of my all-time favorite top patterns. Thanks to your inspiration, I am now going to make it as a jacket, too. (BTW, when searching "Liberty Shirt" on the site, this review doesn't come up, perhaps because you have it titled "Liberty Shirt/Jacket"? Don't want anyone to miss your wonderful contributions on this pattern!)
sew2little said... (10/14/09 8:18 PM) Reply
All of these jackets are beautiful, as is all of your sewing! But the brocade is amazing; it looks fabulous with almost any color!
j222b said... (10/14/09 3:14 PM) Reply
Lovely! Has any one done a review of the CDs? I searched PR but could not locate. I just had more success with the searching. There are 2 reviews, but both of the first CD. Maybe you could review the second CD for us?
moushka said... (10/14/09 1:02 PM) Reply
Terri, this last iteration is even more stunning than the previous ones. Wonderful fabric and your sewing, as always, is impeccable. You've convinced me I have to make this pattern!
Terri K said... (7/11/09 11:21 PM) Reply
Martha, to answer your question, I sewed the size small based on Ann Smith's experiences. I have small shoulders and bust is 36" and use these as jackets. I would like to hear more about your problems with the Zona sleeve. I'm not at home right now but would compare both pattern sleeves and armscyes to see if they are similar. See my solution in this review.
marthamyers said... (7/10/09 12:01 PM) Reply
This is one of their best patterns. And yours are all beautiful. I can't wait to see your next one in the textured Japanese cotton. I made mine out of textured Japanese cotton and it is my favorite shirt. Now I want to make it as a jacket. I'm wondering if I should go up a size for a jacket. Any advice?
DorothyK said... (6/21/09 9:19 PM) Reply
I love all the versions of your shirt. It's a great style for you. I like your fabric choices. I've made this top also and find that I wear it constantly. I too will be making more.
moushka said... (6/21/09 1:50 PM) Reply
Gorgeous shirts, Terri. The collar is very flattering and the peach fabric is especially beautiful. So glad to see you posting as I'd missed your blog. Great to have you back! Sue
Fran G said... (6/21/09 8:36 AM) Reply
Really sharp, Terri! Love your fabric choices and the SW/LC patterns continue to suit you well. Are you their muse??!!??
Ann Smith said... (6/20/09 1:21 PM) Reply
Very successful shirts that look great on you. I especially love the pattern peach toned one but all are beautiful.

Kwik Sew 3343