Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3675 (Dresses)

Reviewed by:Time4me

About Time4mestar
BC CANADA
Member since: 1/22/08
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:6/22/09 0:56 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
flyingpenguin said... (9/4/13 6:43 PM) Reply
I agree, the picture of the flat fabric makes me think it's not the best, mostly because of the lime green, but I LOVE what you did with it. I think the brown waistband and trim balance the colors nicely, and the pattern is perfect for the fabric- or the other way around? This dress is so fun, it makes me smile!
Hilary said... (5/3/11 5:22 PM) Reply
*Great* review-and I too was thinking "but I LIKE this fabric" LOL! I love that you went and got more, hehe.! Your dress (and the green version as well) really came out well-good job!
pammieh said... (9/17/09 9:24 PM) Reply
Sorry I love this fabric (but used to hate it: in Second grade my mother made me wear a similar fabric for a school photo) now I love it:)
selvage said... (7/10/09 4:11 PM) Reply
Very cute dress!
CarolynGM said... (7/7/09 7:37 AM) Reply
Very cute dress. Love the contrast band on it.
Sew tell me said... (6/24/09 2:08 AM) Reply
Sorry but you can't possibly win this contest because I love, love, love this fabric. Cute dress too I have this pattern.
Lili123 said... (6/23/09 7:13 PM) Reply
your dress looks wonderful....it's funny because 2 weeks ago, i bought the same fabric, it was love at first sight. I didn't use it yet but seeing your work is very motivational and inspire me.
AnneM said... (6/23/09 6:48 PM) Reply
I like your work with it. The brown trim adds a lot to the dress, taming the fabric while still leaving it full of life. It's a fun dress. I particularly like the waistband.
sewfossy said... (6/23/09 1:46 PM) Reply
Love the use of contrast trims. Makes it very chic!
barbcl said... (6/23/09 11:01 AM) Reply
Your dress is snazzy and looks great! Sure is a winner, and isn't that a thrill to any stitcher!
kittybishop said... (6/23/09 7:28 AM) Reply
Great dress, I just love your 'ugly' main fabric, but then I too, have spent most of my life 'swimming against the tide'. And it looks great on you.
Kayseri said... (6/22/09 11:30 PM) Reply
Err, when I saw the flat fabric I thought 'Yep totally Ugly'. But it improved tremendously when made up and I like your finished dress. I think the contrast waist and hem are great.
moonchild61 said... (6/22/09 8:03 PM) Reply
I don't know who you're hangin' with; but, I love this fabric and this dress! It's not ugly at all. As Austin Powers would say, "Oh, Groovy Baby"!
Time4me said... (6/22/09 6:48 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for all your kind comments. It really helps! You have gone a long way in building my confidence back up. I have 'swam against the current' for all of my life so it is hard to tell when I am really out to lunch or just a little bit different.
Izzie said... (6/22/09 5:27 PM) Reply
Your dress turned out great! I really like the addition of the band at the hem.
Leora said... (6/22/09 12:37 PM) Reply
It is pretty funny that you are trying to make an ugly dress but just can't!!!
AquariJenn said... (6/22/09 10:45 AM) Reply
Very cute dress! The fabric does not look ugly at all. :)
Vintage Joan said... (6/22/09 9:27 AM) Reply
It's great -- but your friends and family need their eyes adjusted, lol. That fabric is wonderful. (Helpful hint -- don't show your fabric around to people next time! You obviously have great design/color instincts. :b)
Amanda S. said... (6/22/09 8:48 AM) Reply
Love the dress. AND the fabric! I would totally wear that.
Ronda Rae said... (6/22/09 8:23 AM) Reply
When I opened the review, I belly laughed because the fabric caught my eye as being pretty! I can see that it might be considered ugly as a flat piece of fabric, but you have done with it is fabulous!
Gelbean said... (6/22/09 4:56 AM) Reply
That is a great looking dress. The fabric was what caught my eye in the thumbnail. I don't think it's ugly but I happen to like orange and brown. I hope you will wear it often as it is really a great looking dress.
Mary Nanna said... (6/22/09 3:33 AM) Reply
It looks fabulous - I love the way you've put it together with the boots as well. I think the fabric is very pretty.. but then it's a funny thing isn't it - when you want things to look lovely the camera plays cruel tricks, and then it makes something really awful look great! Murphy must have a law about that somewhere ... anyway, congratulations on what has been quite a journey!

Vogue Patterns 1164 OOP