Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2909 (Women's Classic Trousers)

Reviewed by:donna mel

About donna melstar
MA USA
Member since: 3/7/08
Posted on:6/22/09 7:54 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants
Cal W said... (2/22/10 4:23 PM) Reply
Great review - I liked your idea on the waistband, and the lighter weight fabric for facing.
LizBa said... (2/18/10 10:09 PM) Reply
Your pants look fantastic. I'm adding this pattern to my wish list. Thanks for the tips too. I think my shape is similar to yours so I will know what to take a close look at for fitting.
Athene said... (1/15/10 3:04 PM) Reply
Great pants. Thank you for all the helpful photos.
Rhonda Noah said... (6/27/09 3:56 PM) Reply
Great pants, and a great review. They look great on you, so working on the fit paid off! I bought this pattern, but haven't given it a try yet. You've inspired me though, to move it up on my must sew list.
Nancywin said... (6/24/09 0:04 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. I'm hoping to make these this summer.
donna mel said... (6/23/09 3:32 PM) Reply
thanks so much for the positive comments! i find writing the review harder than sewing the garment, so i REALLY appreciate it. i'm wearing the pants today, for the first time, and they are so comfortable. oprah did a show yesterday on 'fitting pants' and apparently a wider waistband is more flattering to the (thicker) waist...so i think i'll go for a 3" one next time.
Sallygirl said... (6/23/09 9:40 AM) Reply
Great review, showing how you dealt with each thing, which is really helpful to me in learning to fit properly. Your jeans look perfect, even in the butt. :o)
Michelle L said... (6/23/09 8:43 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review! I have been struggling with pants myself, and did a similar alteration to get rid of the bunching in the back. It worked pretty well, but I think I need to go back and make a larger fold!
Annette1 said... (6/23/09 0:37 AM) Reply
What a great review, very thorough! I'm especially interested in seeing these made up, because Christa recently bought this pattern for me, and I can't wait to get it! Yours have turned out so nicely, I hope mine will be half as flattering. :o) (I don't think they look too tight in the back, by the way.)
cabinbaby said... (6/23/09 0:09 AM) Reply
I think they look great too. Even the ones you think look too tight.
Heidi Ho said... (6/22/09 10:47 PM) Reply
Those pants look great on you. They really fit nicely and I don't think the look too tight at all. They just show off you nice shape!!!
Deepika said... (6/22/09 9:15 PM) Reply
Talk about a helpful review. This is indeed one! You really did work hard on making this pattern fit you like a dream. The pants look awesome! I can only wait for you to pop into my office every two days with a new pair :) Congrats on a perfect pants pattern.
Sew4Fun said... (6/22/09 8:52 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I can't believe your good timing. I have this pattern out on my cutting table atm and I came to the computer to look for reviews and here yours is, posted only minutes ago. Talk about timing. :) Anyway, great pants.
Barbara3 said... (6/22/09 8:14 PM) Reply
I've been waiting for your review since Deepika mentioned it was coming. Thanks for the great tips and information! Your pants look terrific on you, and you definitely have a TNT in this pattern.

Sew Liberated Paloma Top, Tunic & Dress Pattern