Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5672 (tunic & pants; dress)

Reviewed by:jewelea

About jeweleastar
TX USA
Member since: 10/19/05
Posted on:6/24/09 8:05 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Pants

Katharine in BXL said... (6/1/10 9:33 AM) Reply
It looks beautiful, bet you look marvelous in it (when not tugging).
rozzybabe said... (6/27/09 1:24 PM) Reply
Your top looks gorgeous; very flattering silhouette! I have this pattern, but haven't got around to making it yet. It's one of my definite's for summer. Your review was so helpful, especially regarding the button placement & creating a CB seam! Thanks so very much, I'll incorporate all of your changes into my top. Super job!!
jewelea said... (6/25/09 6:56 PM) Reply
Thank you for all the nice comments. I'm making the pants now in a crepey fabric, and the top is more flattering with the right bottom. To meanjean, yes, Benno's has a new and larger location on Inwood Road; I just updated my store review which has the address.
meanjean said... (6/25/09 2:47 PM) Reply
I love this top. Very inspiring. Does Bennos still have a brick & mortar store? I went down to the old Lover's Land location many months ago, and they had moved out of their old space. I loved that place! Please tell me they still have a storefront somewhere in the city! Thanks.
Christas said... (6/25/09 9:23 AM) Reply
Very pretty tunic! The design and color are so nice!
Sew4Fun said... (6/25/09 3:06 AM) Reply
Great tunic and I love the colour! This pattern arrived in the mail for me yesterday so it's wonderful to read your review. I like how you did the extra button placement. I've made a note of this on my pattern. :)
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (6/24/09 10:45 PM) Reply
A very elegant-looking top. At first glance, I thought it was real silk.
Jane S said... (6/24/09 10:10 PM) Reply
I love the color of your top and have this pattern waiting to be made this summer. I was hoping that the asymetric angle would be flattering on my body. Sorry that it's not pleasing to you.
joyces said... (6/24/09 9:29 PM) Reply
I am glad to see your review, as I would like to make this top. Your's looks very pretty, I hadn't thought yet about what kind of fabric to use for it, just that I liked the styling.
Patti B said... (6/24/09 9:10 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket and helpful review. I'm sorry you don't love it but I've been there too.
carolynw said... (6/24/09 9:06 PM) Reply
I like the look of this - wish I could see it on you - sorry you aren't really happy with it - maybe in time?
Sherril Miller said... (6/24/09 8:53 PM) Reply
Your new top is pretty. I'm sorry you don't love it.
Judy Wentz said... (6/24/09 8:46 PM) Reply
Wow! jw
ALY said... (6/24/09 8:26 PM) Reply
Your top is lovely. This pattern is in my stash so I was thrilled to see your review.

You Sew Girl Adult Hats Pattern