Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Member since: 6/27/08
Posted on:6/25/09 9:27 AM
Last Updated:6/25/09 6:12 PM

Jane S said... (6/28/09 11:37 PM) Reply
Wow, you look wonderful in this terrific blouse. I have a RTW shirt just like it and it's on my list to buy. Thanks for the useful review and encouraging fit advice.
tanroc75 said... (6/27/09 7:03 AM) Reply
Beautiful top! You always do such a fantastic job! Thanks so much for your detailed review.
carolynw said... (6/26/09 11:01 PM) Reply
Wonderful that you stuck with this because it looks so good on you - the whole outfit says summer - really classy summer!!
cleverkitty said... (6/26/09 10:51 PM) Reply
It really looks good, I like the color and style on you. You sew wonderful!!!
nancyc said... (6/26/09 8:50 PM) Reply
Your persistence really paid off. Your blouse is lovely!
Stitchcakes said... (6/26/09 12:43 PM) Reply
Love it!! This one is on my wishlist, so I'll definitely be revisiting your review... thanks!
Jali said... (6/26/09 12:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful top in a beautiful colour! You effort is well worth it.
barbcl said... (6/26/09 9:39 AM) Reply
Great result and fabulous color on a difficult project. The blouse looks adorable, and your gathering is beautiful.
AquariJenn said... (6/25/09 1:45 PM) Reply
Very helpful review. Your top is very cute and well made. The color looks great on you. I've had this pattern on my list since it came out. I think I need to make it up. I only hope mine looks as cute as yours. :)
chango said... (6/25/09 1:29 PM) Reply
Your top looks so great! The color, the fit, and the finishing inside. I did try this pattern as a beginner (it ended up in my scrap bag!), so you are right, it is not recommended . I have sewn a few shirts since then, successfully, and after seeing your version of it, I think I'm ready to try this one again. Thanks for the very informative review.
eugenia123 said... (6/25/09 1:28 PM) Reply
Really pretty top and beautifully made - and I love that apple green color, it looks great on you.
Terri Smith said... (6/25/09 1:22 PM) Reply
Nice review of a difficult alteration. The green is a great color on you, and the fit, both front and back, are terrific.
Raye Ann said... (6/25/09 12:52 PM) Reply
Amanda- what a wonderful job on your blouse! this is the first review of yours that i have seen, i think- and i am very impressed with the finishing tecniques you used. your adjustments did make a huge difference to the look of the design. great job!
Braemar said... (6/25/09 11:48 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse.....it suits you so well. Thank you for the informative review. This is very helpful.
busymomof3 said... (6/25/09 11:40 AM) Reply
I LOVE your top!! I want one! Thank you so much for you review, very good! Makes me want to sew it.
Gold said... (6/25/09 11:39 AM) Reply
Cute top!
sewbehind said... (6/25/09 11:19 AM) Reply
Very cute, Amanda. I always love to look at the insides of your garments as much as the outside.
Elke said... (6/25/09 10:44 AM) Reply
Great looking blouse and the color is pretty and cheerful!
Sheila457 said... (6/25/09 10:15 AM) Reply
Great looking top.
Sallygirl said... (6/25/09 10:14 AM) Reply
This is one of those patterns that did nothing for me until I saw it on you. It is adorable, and you did an awesome job sticking with it and making it fit you perfectly. I also love the apple green with white pants. I was in wadder land at the same time you were so every time I read your blog I was right there with you!
Re Becca said... (6/25/09 10:13 AM) Reply
That turned out to be very flattering, I am glad that you stuck with it.
Michelle L said... (6/25/09 10:08 AM) Reply
Fantastic color! Thanks for the review...although the fact that the bust was oversized and low makes me think that I could probably sew it up right out of the envelope!! Great work, and great save!
mochalover said... (6/25/09 10:04 AM) Reply
Very nice job, as always. Green and white are a great looking combo.
Christas said... (6/25/09 9:50 AM) Reply
I am so glad you stuck with this top and didn't call it a wadder too soon. Your adjustments were absolutely perfect and made such a pretty and stylish blouse. The color is gorgeous and (as always!) the inside is just as pretty as the outside. It is so inspiring to see someone take so much care to make sure the inside also looks nice. Very well done!
sewing for fun said... (6/25/09 9:47 AM) Reply
Great review! Thanks for the details on fit. I suspect the original pattern might work fro me without an FBA. Love the color!

by: LM2HYD