Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB025FB (Frenchy Bags)

Reviewed by:ClaireF in CA

About ClaireF in CAstar
Member since: 1/22/08

Best Patterns of 2007
Posted on:6/26/09 8:50 PM
Last Updated:6/27/09 4:35 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
renren said... (5/11/11 0:32 AM) Reply
Claire, this is really a beautiful bag! Molly looks very helpful and the coloring of the bag suits her. Love the interior of the handbag and the button on a chain. Thanks for the magnetic snap tip--I'm getting ready to sew this bag so your tip will be a big help. Hope everything is okay with you! Thanks again for thre review.
JDpenelope said... (9/3/09 9:10 PM) Reply
It looks so stylish. Thanks for the tip about the size. After making the huge L2 bag (by The Sewing Workshop), I pay close attention to dimensions. I have a helper like yours in my sewing room. (She helps me run my adding machine in my office.)
ClaireF in CA said... (7/1/09 1:37 PM) Reply
Mrs. Columbo, thank you so much for your nice comments! I love the great fabrics you used in your reviews of the bag! Isn't it funny that you open that packet of snaps from Joann's and find them stuck to a blank piece of cardboard? I should have mentioned my online source of info. - it is from Craft News - Tutorial: How to Install Magnetic Snaps, Attaching Magnetic Snaps. These instructions make attaching snaps...... a snap!
Mrs. Columbo said... (6/30/09 4:34 PM) Reply
I made one for my 19 yr old daughter, her friend saw it and promptly told me her favorite colors .. they love them .. teens always have a multitude of things to put inside and my daughter said because of the shape, nothing really falls out .. I had the same complaint about the snaps tho, no instructions so found one online .. love your choice of fabrics ..
Sew4Fun said... (6/28/09 8:52 AM) Reply
Super bag! I really like the size.
ClaireF in CA said... (6/28/09 0:29 AM) Reply
Thank you all so much for writing such nice comments about the fabric and pictures! :)
sew4dasoul said... (6/27/09 7:05 PM) Reply
I can tell the fusible fleece helps with the roundedness of the bottom. Looks really good! Nice job :)
2BSewing said... (6/27/09 8:43 AM) Reply
Ooops...duplicate post.
2BSewing said... (6/27/09 8:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful bag. I'm partial to black and white fabrics and your version really caught my eye. I like the bright contrast fabric you used for the lining. The smaller version is a perfect size. Thanks for including a picture of the interior. Well done! :)
Natasha B said... (6/27/09 0:06 AM) Reply
Lovely bag and nice fabric choice.
moonchild61 said... (6/26/09 10:58 PM) Reply
Pretty bag and I like the fabric you used for the the lining. Good Job!

StyleArc Wendy Pant