Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6034 (UPDATE -Skirts)

Viewed 2027 times

Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:1/4/04 9:28 AM
Last Updated:2/21/04 4:21 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Coordinates    Formalwear    Suits / Separates

Vesta Patterns

cindyann said... (1/5/04 7:28 AM) Reply
Joan, I used 1 1/4" sport elastic because that's all that I had, plus I really like the way it feels. Nice and soft. Here is Georgene's review of a skirt where she describes the process in detail. You may find non-roll elastic better.
joan said... (1/4/04 8:56 PM) Reply
Cindyann, your skirt is lovely. I really like the looks of the waist area using the serged-on elastic technique. What width elastic do you suggest?
Schnauzer said... (1/4/04 8:30 PM) Reply
Gorgeous,both in style and fabric choice. Such pretty colours.Really lovely lines. Very well done.
Lisa Laree said... (1/4/04 7:49 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for reviewing this pattern! I'm going to have to try the pants on it -- pull on style, straight legs, and pockets!
AnneM said... (1/4/04 6:55 PM) Reply
Thank you, thank you, thank you for reviewing this pattern. I had looked for a knit gored skirt pattern and hadn't found one. This is just what I was looking for!
drsue said... (1/4/04 3:52 PM) Reply
very pretty. I've never been a fan of elastic waists but yours looks great. I may give that technique a try.
jlg said... (1/4/04 12:14 PM) Reply
I have to agree that your skirt is beautiful; there doesn't seem to be a better word for it. Great job, Cindy Ann.
Ivy R said... (1/4/04 11:40 AM) Reply
This skirt is just beautiful - both the final look and the fabric. I will defiitely be checking this pattern out.
Enid E said... (1/4/04 11:39 AM) Reply
Beautiful fabric! Love the print and the colors..your alternative sewing methods resulted in a real nice garment! I think I will pick up this pattern ~ I like all the views.
Chimene said... (1/4/04 11:22 AM) Reply
The skirt is beautiful! You did a wonderful job. As a newbie, it is nice to see and learn how a pattern can be altered with great results! Thanks.
sewgirl said... (1/4/04 10:29 AM) Reply
Wow, how pretty. This is the second New Look pattern I've come across this weekend that looks so appealing. They seem to sew up very nicely. What a well kept little secret!!

BurdaStyle Magazine 07-2007-120