Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2642 (Misses Dress or Day Gown)

Reviewed by:lizziwhizz

About lizziwhizzstarstar
ME USA
Member since: 4/22/07
Posted on:6/29/09 9:02 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
sachalsmom said... (7/7/09 7:31 AM) Reply
I hate sewing somthing and then having to alter so much to make it fit porperly. Twice the work, yikes! The dress is lovely however. Very elegant looking.
Mufffet said... (6/30/09 2:12 PM) Reply
Try a KWIK SEW pattern for a wrap...and then some flat pattern measurements on the bodice, and raise the neckline up some. KWIK SEW has nice instructions for this as well. :) YES, I hear you on petite and gaping...sigh.
mhk3boys said... (6/30/09 8:09 AM) Reply
Your dress looks great! I hate this gaped so much on you! I usually do a muslin and have to pinch out the gaping and it seems like can take forever fiddling with it! I also do like cleverkitty and tack it down whenever possible.
cleverkitty said... (6/29/09 9:53 PM) Reply
this happens to me all the time even with ready made clothes, I'm super small busted, I use clear elastic in the neckline on most necklines that are on the bias, on ready made clothes I tack it were I want it to end and it lays flat. I use the upper bust measurment and use that size as my bust size. this is how you become an expert, when you keep going and never give up :)

Lekala Patterns 6131

by: BirdyBooo

SewBaby Quick and Comfy Dresses Pattern

SewBaby Quick and Comfy Dresses Pattern

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

by: petro