Online Sewing Class: Understanding Interfacings
Vogue 7975 or Kwik Sew 3258">The Contemporary Couture Jacket Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1075 (Chado Ralph Rucci Gown)

Reviewed by:PhyllisC

About PhyllisCstarstarstarstar
MA USA
Member since: 8/2/02
Posted on:6/28/09 10:11 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
ejvc said... (6/5/13 1:49 AM) Reply
Great review of a difficult pattern. Thank you for the detail and photos too.
Zees5 said... (2/27/12 7:34 PM) Reply
This is stunning. I really appreciate the modesty you employed on behalf of your beautiful daughter. She looks VERY pleased wearing it. I need a gown for a formal event I go to in Hollywood every year. I don't have money to buy a suitable gown and have been wearing a dated Betsey Johnson gown because it is all I have. I would like to make this for two events I attend every year. It's not until next October so maybe I should start looking for fabric (:
lizagm said... (8/27/09 10:01 AM) Reply
sigh . . . I desperately want to make thuis dress for myself, but I don't think my skills are up to it yet. You did an amazing job with this pattern and I really appreciate your thorough review.
celizondo1 said... (7/27/09 1:14 AM) Reply
I'm making the dress and stole for myself for my daughter's wedding. I'm having some trouble with the stole instructions, and now my fabric is fraying, think I'll start over again with muslim. Catherine
KristenI said... (7/4/09 12:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for sharing all the details, wonderful review and beautiful results. Your daughter looks fantastic in it.
Christas said... (7/3/09 1:40 PM) Reply
WOWZA! That is an amazing dress! SO pretty!
Erica B. said... (7/3/09 10:12 AM) Reply
That dress is absolutely gorgeous!
moushka said... (6/29/09 3:30 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous dress! What a lucky girl your daughter is to have you make it for her! This pattern would also make a scrumptious wedding gown. Fabulous review!
porgecat said... (6/29/09 12:45 PM) Reply
Excellent review! Beautiful daughter and dress! You did a beautiful job with the gown.
Karen6790 said... (6/29/09 10:33 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful. Even if she grows out of it, I can't imagine her wanting to let go of such a gorgeous creation.
kerrynw said... (6/29/09 10:14 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress! Your daughter has a beautiful figure and such a tallented Mum!
cmarie12 said... (6/29/09 10:00 AM) Reply
Absolutely stunning dress!
rmardel said... (6/29/09 8:32 AM) Reply
Fabulous!
Peggy L said... (6/29/09 7:01 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Great review.
ryan's mom said... (6/29/09 7:01 AM) Reply
This is truly beautiful! I think I'm going to buy this pattern just to have it on hand...a "someday" pattern. Another reason to motivate myself to keep going at the gym so I can make this creation for myself! :) It's just really exquisite! Thanks for the informative review.
arianamaniacs said... (6/29/09 4:14 AM) Reply
Outstanding! Extremely elegant, you did a wonderful job!
Annette1 said... (6/29/09 0:31 AM) Reply
What a WONDERFUL review. I really liked getting to see the unique shape of these pattern pieces (and I can't believe there's only four). This dress has such INTERESTING details, but not in a WEIRD, over-the-top sort of way -- ha! Your daughter is truly elegant in this BEAUTIFUL dress. You did SUCH a nice job!
msladyj said... (6/28/09 11:17 PM) Reply
WOW!!! that is an awesome dress. Your dd is very lucky.
Riesie said... (6/28/09 10:39 PM) Reply
Spectacular! What a lucky young woman your daughter is - be sure to put the dress away for her as a memento. It's too beautiful to deconstruct or give away.

Victory Simone Paper Pattern