Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3780

Last Updated:7/1/09 4:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Coat/Jacket
MagpieJen said... (7/10/09 10:57 AM) Reply
This turned out to be such a cute dress! You had quite a few challenges, and the fabric is one of them - I agree with petro, the fact that this is a poly and not a cotton or rayon puts it in the ugly camp :-). Wonderful job!
HLT said... (7/8/09 9:49 PM) Reply
Nicely styled!
Mebber said... (7/6/09 7:41 PM) Reply
You turned this "ugly" fabric into a wearable funky dress with a lot of character. It looks great! Good match of fabric to pattern - shows creative foresight. Congrats!
Mebber said... (7/6/09 7:41 PM) Reply
colormefun said... (7/3/09 10:36 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the compliments! OceanPeg- Thanks! I'm so glad they let me in too! Petro- I know what you mean about the fabric. That same vacillation is what led me to buy it because i loved the vintage styled beach thing and then hate it when i got home. Honestly though, I love it now so i'm glad i did this contest or that poor fabric would have remained in a plastic bin, unloved for the rest of its unnatural life.
petro said... (7/2/09 3:58 PM) Reply
I'm vacillating between like/don't like the print , it definitely works with the sundress - but I'm visualising it in cotton, and its a poly - which maybe tips it over into the ugly camp. Cute dress though. Definitely successful use of the fabric.
Kellie R. said... (7/2/09 7:36 AM) Reply
Very cute!
Oceanpeg said... (7/1/09 8:01 PM) Reply
Glad that they allowed you into the Uggly Fabric Contest and snuck you in under the wire.
Mary Nanna said... (7/1/09 4:57 PM) Reply
so gorgeous - you look stunning!
morzel said... (7/1/09 4:08 PM) Reply
Absolutley cute dress! Looks great, especially with the cardi and belt.
Vintage Joan said... (7/1/09 4:05 PM) Reply
Totally cute! :)
meli88a said... (7/1/09 2:32 PM) Reply
Ugly fabric... huh? I love your fabric!
Em's Summer said... (7/1/09 11:15 AM) Reply
Ugly fabric? It's so pretty and looks wonderful as that dress! Great job! Sorry you missed the cutoff!
khunter said... (7/1/09 10:52 AM) Reply
so cute! I wish I was young enough to wear a dress just like it!
Oceanpeg said... (7/1/09 10:28 AM) Reply
Nice sundress. I like what you did with making the lining longer than the dress, too. I know how you feel when you miss the cut-off time for the contests just by minuites. Did same in the past, too. That fabric doesn't look as ugly the way you put it to use. I like it on that dress. You most likely should get a lot of compliments from your friends etc., when wearing the dress in public. I recall that they did change the pattern sizes quite a while back, too, upping them to the next size. I like your dress better with the wide brimmed hat than the jacket and the belt.
AnneM said... (7/1/09 10:26 AM) Reply
Very cute dress, though. Nice use of your fabric, rather than defaulting to a hawaiin shirt. Good save on the size.
KathyBKnits said... (7/1/09 10:21 AM) Reply
Very cute dress! I love the contrasting band at the hem and the belt with it.
Kayseri said... (7/1/09 5:47 AM) Reply
Great dress. I especially love the black lining being longer than the skirt.
wreninrome said... (7/1/09 5:15 AM) Reply
I've found that vintage patterns run much smaller than today's patterns...too bad on the contest because the dress is really cute!
colormefun said... (7/1/09 1:43 AM) Reply
oh man, posted at 12:03! Didn't make the Ugly Fabric contest. I hate it when real life gets in the way of sewing...

The Technique of Underlining Garments