Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2009-129 (Exclusive Design Blouse)

Reviewed by:Jali

About Jalistar
SRI LANKA
Member since: 7/2/03
Posted on:7/3/09 10:27 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
Heatherrique said... (7/12/09 11:33 AM) Reply
Jali, thanks for your very helpful review and wow, your top is mega lovely! I like the neckline and the overall style on you. Thanks for the tips and the pattern specifications.
Mahogany Stylist said... (7/6/09 3:44 PM) Reply
Great top. Looks RTW.
blessedtosew said... (7/4/09 4:24 PM) Reply
I love your top. It is sooooo pretty.
kerrynw said... (7/4/09 9:35 AM) Reply
I think your top looks lovely on you. Thank you for the comprehensive review.
jkaori said... (7/4/09 9:18 AM) Reply
Very pretty top --- the color is gorgeous! Thank you also for your thorough review.
Jali said... (7/3/09 11:18 PM) Reply
Thank you for the nice comments. SewSara, I will be sure to try your method out if I make this blouse again or at least when I have to do shirring next. Elemenopeo, thank you for that tip. I am going to try that out for the back neckline.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (7/3/09 9:43 PM) Reply
I think this top looks lovely on you even if you're not crazy about the neckline. I've got to get myself some of that better quality shirring elastic too!
Lisette said... (7/3/09 7:48 PM) Reply
Very, very pretty on you.
Elemenopeo said... (7/3/09 7:03 PM) Reply
It looks great on you - lovely effort!
Gold said... (7/3/09 5:54 PM) Reply
Very cute top!!
TalyQ said... (7/3/09 4:10 PM) Reply
I am very tempted to try to make this blouse for one of my girls. Thank you for that thorough review. The blouse looks lovely.
Karendee said... (7/3/09 4:06 PM) Reply
Excellent review! I think you look beautiful in your blouse. IMO the extra back fullness could be take out at each ragland sleeve seam. Each seam needs a little taken off it. But the color and the style look beautiful on you; Wear this beauty and enjoy it!
Mary Nanna said... (7/3/09 3:48 PM) Reply
Gorgeous - you made a lovely job of sewing and finishing your garment. I have wanted to make this top for some time.. it looks great on you!
poplin said... (7/3/09 3:46 PM) Reply
Excellent review, Jali, as always. Lovely top!
quixoticpixels said... (7/3/09 12:26 PM) Reply
This is lovely! Thanks for the excellent review.
Re Becca said... (7/3/09 12:02 PM) Reply
That looks great on you! How did you know that I had just traced this pattern? I like what you did to the neckline, I may do that too. Thanks for the pictures of the elastic too.
Ann Smith said... (7/3/09 11:34 AM) Reply
Sharp looking blouse on you. The color is wonderful.
Kellie R. said... (7/3/09 11:30 AM) Reply
This is just beautiful! What a stunning top!
Elke said... (7/3/09 11:10 AM) Reply
Very pretty top!
SewSara said... (7/3/09 10:46 AM) Reply
What a pretty top! I made a second version of this top (in white) and I sewed two rows with shirring elastic in the bobbin for the sleeves instead of zigzagging over it. I made an elastic casing for the neckline. I used a lot less elastic than called for and it raised the neckline enough. I love the top. I'm not sure why Burda wants us to zigzag over the shirring elastic as my way worked nicely.
Christas said... (7/3/09 10:36 AM) Reply
I have admired this top in the magazine for a long time. Your version is so lovely. Thanks so much for the thorough review! I am sure I will come back to this review when I get around to making my version.
Vintage Joan said... (7/3/09 10:36 AM) Reply
An excellent, VERY helpful review. Your blouse is very pretty, and I love the color. :)

by: lovenicky