Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> ks-easysewing (Kwik Sew Easy Sewing Master Pa)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:7/4/09 9:11 PM
Last Updated:7/5/09 11:46 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew

Heatherrique said... (7/14/09 9:09 PM) Reply
Nancy, actually your shorts are cool and upbeat! Thanks for your review. You inspired me to get on the shorts bandwagon (I have not worn them out of the house for probably nearly a decade). I really appreciate you sharing your fix for the "bunching" which I have with certain pants patterns.
Sewingmi said... (7/5/09 5:49 PM) Reply
A very nice review! I have this book and have made the t-shirt (which is great and easy to sew!) but I've never tried the pants. Yours look great!
Grammy Gin said... (7/5/09 5:42 PM) Reply
I have this book also & never made a thing from it. I am giving my oldest granddaughter one of my sewing machines & thought I would give this book to her.....NOW... you make these neat shorts...maybe I will trace off a few of the patterns before I give it to her! ;-)
Rhoda K said... (7/5/09 1:25 PM) Reply
Thank you - good to know. Your reviews are very helpful.
Nancywin said... (7/5/09 11:43 AM) Reply
The fabric was "bunching" right below my butt. I lowered the curve in the back about 1/2" and that seemed to solve it!
Rhoda K said... (7/5/09 10:06 AM) Reply
Hmmm, I have a red linen blend in my stash . . . . as always, a great review. You mentioned a problem with the crotch curve in back, but didn't say what it was, or did I miss something?
marjenann said... (7/5/09 9:05 AM) Reply
There is nothing better than wearing a fashionable garment that you create. The red linen is perfect!! Great look for any summer day!!! Annette
Padmé said... (7/5/09 8:52 AM) Reply
I've got 10 to 12 pair of the pants in lightweight oxford and broadcloth that I wear on most days. I've also made the shorts in a knit or sweatshirt fleece for pilates.
Annette1 said... (7/5/09 0:19 AM) Reply
This sounds like a great set of patterns, and your shorts just fit the bill for a 4th of July celebration, going right on into the LONG summer. I especially like the length (AND your little dog).

by: arianamani...