Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3571

Last Updated:7/5/09 0:26 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

See other patterns in this category: Sleepwear    Plus
marec said... (7/5/09 5:52 PM) Reply
I'm with Meggie LuLu on this...those are the happiest pajamas I have ever seen. The fabric choices are terrific, and your workmanship is absolutely driven by love and care for your SIL. Thankyou for sharing such a wonderful story and give Vickie a hug from me.
Karendee said... (7/5/09 5:48 PM) Reply
Annette, You have just outdone yourself with your generous spirit and gorgeous pjs made for Vickie. These jammies are amazing looking and bright and cheeful as well as soft and luxurious.! Vickie will certainly benefit from your talent and kindness; we will benefit from your friendship, sewing knowledge and inspiration. Thanks for being so you!
Meggie LuLu said... (7/5/09 3:34 PM) Reply
Annette, these PJs are just TOO CUTE!! I know Vickie will just LOVE them!! I really like your "piping" idea ( I think I might "steal" it from you)!! LOL!! I absolutely LOVE that fabric!! It is SOOOO HAPPY and CHEERFUL!! These will certainly cheer Vickie up!!
Mahler said... (7/5/09 3:04 PM) Reply
This is the most beautiful PJ I have ever seen in my life. Because of all the sadness liked to it, I do not wish to have one. In return, I will think about Vicky with all my heart to that she is back in shape for next year. What a team. Congratualations ladies. Bravo Annette !
Puppy said... (7/5/09 2:55 PM) Reply
Oh. My. GOSH! Those are the cutest PJ's! I have been tempted at least a couple of times to get that pattern but I hesitated each time because I thought they might be too ho hum....you have just proven that they are NOT a ho hum pair of PJ's, so next time the sales come 'round, I'll be getting that pattern. Those PJ's are sure to brighten Vicky's spirits during the coming year.
moonchild61 said... (7/5/09 2:10 PM) Reply
Great, cheery pj's and I love, love, love the fabric!
Kay Y said... (7/5/09 1:10 PM) Reply
Annette, you are a kind person and a skilled sewist and a hilarious review-writer. These pj's are absolutely gorgeous and if a pair of pj's can make a person who is ill feel better, I am sure these will do it!
Annette1 said... (7/5/09 12:46 PM) Reply
RoxieRocks: Well, I wish I could be more helpful to you. Those are alterations that I don't normally make (although I make PLENTY of others -- ha!), so I'm not sure. I know the top has a center back seam, so that would allow for some adjusting opportunities for sway back. As far as the pants go, I thought the crotch curve looked somewhat SHALLOW, because I was thinking, well, if I make these for myself, I'll probably have to scoop out the crotch curve AND maybe lengthen it. And, of course, they just have an elastic waist, so there's no darts or anything anywhere.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (7/5/09 12:33 PM) Reply
You're a HOOT!! AND a nice SIL!! Beautiful pjs to make one feel beautiful in!!
annie11 said... (7/5/09 12:28 PM) Reply
These are just gorgeous. They should bring a smile to Vickie's face every time she wears them. Hope Vickie is on the road to a full recovery.
Izzie said... (7/5/09 12:15 PM) Reply
Your reviews are always so enjoyable to read! The PJs are absolutely beautiful and very high-end boutique looking...great job on all the fabulous details! Best wishes to Vickie!
cmarie12 said... (7/5/09 12:00 PM) Reply
The pjs are beautiful! The story behind them is touching and you write the best reviews EVAH!
roxierocks said... (7/5/09 11:27 AM) Reply
I love pjs. These are great. Good job. I sew pjs all the time. Can I ask, would this be a good one for sway back/protruding butt? I need a "seat" in my pjs due to big butt. Also, I love your fabric choices. Nice job. Thanks for review.
Grammy Gin said... (7/5/09 10:57 AM) Reply
You did a wonderful job on these pj's Annette. Vickie will love them. All my best to her in her battle. Karen, Meggie & Christa are special people...just like you!!
Christas said... (7/5/09 9:40 AM) Reply
Annette, these pajamas are the cutest looking jammies ever!!! Karen knows how to pick wonderful fabric (and you are very skilled in sewing it perfectly!). I am so glad Vickie is going to have this perfect gift for the hard adventure ahead of her. She will feel so loved and that is exactly what she needs to get through it all.
carolynw said... (7/5/09 9:25 AM) Reply
Such classy PJs - I am sure Vckie will love this - bound to cheer her up. Annette I am so sorryto hear about her illness - in my group there are 5 breast cancer survivors so there is much to hope for. When I read about people like Vickie I ask myself "and you were complaining about?"". God bless her and will add her to my prayers.
Catbird said... (7/5/09 9:05 AM) Reply
These might just be the most wonderful PJs ever, made even more amazing by Karen's generosity with the fabric and yours with all your time and effort! Add in what Meggie and Christa are doing and you've brought tears to my eyes. But you always make me laugh, too! These look deliciously comfortable and soft. Your "piping" idea turned out brilliantly, and I love all the contrasts of the stripes and polka dots. If any pair of PJs could be packed to the brim with positive energy, this pair is! What a beautiful job from a beautiful lady. I hope for a full recovery to strength and health for Vickie.
Barbara V said... (7/5/09 8:57 AM) Reply
Lovely PJ's and wonderful gesture. The cute and upbeat fabric is sure to lift spirits. All the best for Vicky.
Rebecca D said... (7/5/09 8:55 AM) Reply
The PJs are beautiful, your kindness and goodness are inspiring, and Vicki is going to look like a 1940s movie star in these.
marjenann said... (7/5/09 8:45 AM) Reply
Annette, they are the most luxurious pj's ever!!! Your creative talents are amazing. What a special way to show your love and concern for your friend. All the best to Vickie!! Annette
Mermie said... (7/5/09 8:40 AM) Reply
God bless you Annette and all who were involved in these pj's. The pj's are gorgeous! All the best to Vicky. Annette, you have a big heart and it is so nice of you to make these lovely pj's.
mssewcrazy said... (7/5/09 7:14 AM) Reply
The pjs are wonderful and so are you. I had not noticed this pattern before and really like how it looks made up. I hope every day is better for Vicky and you are blessed for doing this very sweet deed .
Kayseri said... (7/5/09 4:38 AM) Reply
Nice PJ's, and all the best for Vicky
kerrynw said... (7/5/09 3:16 AM) Reply
Wow what a moving review! Fantastic pyjamas for special lady.

Fit For Real People DVD