Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2935 (Men's Shirt)

Reviewed by:quixoticpixels

About quixoticpixelsstarstar
Member since: 4/2/08
Posted on:7/5/09 3:01 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts    Mens
Nurse Jane said... (7/6/09 5:38 PM) Reply
Nice job! Love the review and your husband's playful pose. Think I'll buy this and see what I can create for my guy!
mssewcrazy said... (7/6/09 10:48 AM) Reply
Nice shirt - you will have lots of these to make in the future. I like the contrast facing as well- a good variation that has a rtw look. I am adding this pattern to the stash after reading your review and the others that I just read.
Ronda Rae said... (7/6/09 8:09 AM) Reply
Great shirt! This is my TNT for my DH. He also loves the fit. I've made this pattern about 5 or 6 times. I also altered the shoulders for my broad shouleder guy. Your hubby is a great sport. Love the poses!
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (7/6/09 5:42 AM) Reply
Great looking shirt !
quixoticpixels said... (7/6/09 0:43 AM) Reply
Good grief. I have no idea why my posts are being duplicated. Sorry about this!
quixoticpixels said... (7/6/09 0:04 AM) Reply
Thanks, Irene. It's quite possible I got that backwards... LOL :) That would make it look a lot better.
Irene said... (7/5/09 11:32 PM) Reply
Nice looking shirt! The pleat location is common for sportier (e.g., "aloha") shirts and provides ease over the shoulder blades. I usually face the pleats in the opposite direction (away from the center).
quixoticpixels said... (7/5/09 8:29 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone!
Sewnsewmom said... (7/5/09 7:56 PM) Reply
Great review. I also like the contrasting facings. You have inspired me to want to sew this shirt! :-)
Christas said... (7/5/09 7:01 PM) Reply
You've got a great model there! The shirt looks fantastic and it appears your husband loves it!
marec said... (7/5/09 5:29 PM) Reply
:-) What a ham...he and my husband would get along! I think this shirt rocks-especially with the careful attention to detail which you must have. I like the contrasting facings very much, and actually disagree with you (and Ariadne) on the back pleats. I like them, and would only move them in a tad bit. Great shirt.
Ariadne said... (7/5/09 4:32 PM) Reply
Clever and careful, A wonderful combination! Thank you for the sizing details, and comments about the ease of use. I think you are right about the back pleats, too. My dh is 6'3'', and I bet he'd like a shirt that fits with some ease, rather than tight, as well. Thanks for the heads up. I've never made a piece of clothing from this pattern company.

BurdaStyle Magazine 03-2006-116