Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2009-126 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:ElsaD

About ElsaDstar
Member since: 1/7/06
Posted on:7/6/09 1:00 AM
Last Updated:7/6/09 1:06 AM

ElsaD said... (7/11/09 10:06 AM) Reply
Didn't necessarily save money. I think this added up to around $65 Canadian. I noticed a Wetskins with more pockets for sale at Winners for $29. The quality of my fabric may be better and it looks different than what's being sold right now. And I suppose I know this wasn't made in a sweatshop -- although don't know the fabric's origin.
rivergum said... (7/11/09 1:15 AM) Reply
That's a great jacket and making it yourself would have saved you heaps! I'm also so glad someone reviewed this pattern, as I like it myself and am currently looking for fabric to make myself a parka. I won't be using Gortex but i appreciate your comments on the pattern.
Peggym said... (7/7/09 4:56 PM) Reply
You did a great job with your jacket. You will have saved yourself a lot of money even although the Goretex would have been expensive
Jane S said... (7/7/09 10:20 AM) Reply
I'm in awe of your project. Great jacket and terrific research to come up with such a successful result. Bravo!
RachelStonebreaker said... (7/7/09 10:00 AM) Reply
Snap fix was GREAT idea. Info on Gortex gives me confidence to try some myself. Thanks.
kerrynw said... (7/7/09 1:38 AM) Reply
Very professional looking jacket!
fuzzygalore said... (7/6/09 2:23 PM) Reply
I know all too well the problem of wearing a jacket for decades :-). So since this is Goretex and you could probably be buried in it, I'm glad that you like it so well. It looks really professional, and obviously it's standing up to the weather fine, perfect balance of form and function. But yes, in Europe 'parka' just means water or wind-proof shell..
nicegirl said... (7/6/09 9:25 AM) Reply
How fortuitous that you had that snowstorm so you could try out your jacket! Love your color combo and it looks very professional.
Frogstitcher said... (7/6/09 9:17 AM) Reply
Great job Shelley! I like the quick fix you made by adding snaps to the flap. You should feel proud to have faced this challenge; the resulting jacket is very RTW. -Lisa
thirteenstitches said... (7/6/09 8:37 AM) Reply
Looks like you purchased this in a sporting goods store and I mean that in a positive way. Beautiful work!
The Technique of Underlining Garments