Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3513

About ClaireEmilystarstarstar
WA United States
Member since: 9/28/08
Posted on:7/7/09 7:58 AM

See other patterns in this category: Skirts
Sewingmi said... (7/8/09 6:58 PM) Reply
It actually does look like a cute skirt! Maybe you just need a smaller size. It looks really comfortable!
FreyaStark said... (7/8/09 8:02 AM) Reply
I'm sorry the pattern was disappointing and you had such a frustrating experience. Learning how fabrics behave, which fabrics suit which patterns and which patterns suit us is a challenging part of sewing. Look on the bright side: even our failures teach us something. I hope you can salvage the fabric.
Mary Nanna said... (7/7/09 3:45 PM) Reply
I too am on the look out for a nice knit skirt. Will watch your progress with interest.
morzel said... (7/7/09 10:38 AM) Reply
Sorry this one didn't work out for you- at least you did this muslin. Maybe the fabric you used is too thick for this kind of skirt? Thanks for the info on the sizing, the other review also states the sizing as off.
greenandlilac said... (7/7/09 9:28 AM) Reply
Claire Shaeffer's High Fashion Sewing Secrets gives good instructions on how to copy an RTW garment. I would go that route. I have said goodbye to several items of clothing in my past I wish I had kept to copy once they wore out because I loved, loved, loved them.
Mel.J said... (7/7/09 9:18 AM) Reply
This skirt looks similar to a free one from Fabric.com being discussed on the message boards at the moment. Is it worth measuring your existing black skirt to try to salvage this one with some cutting down?
JustTrina said... (7/7/09 9:18 AM) Reply
i honestly don't think it looks bad! maybe a little loose, but you could always go back and take it in a bit on the side seams. Maybe try it with a different top, like a cami since it has that fold over waist? when in doubt i normally just hang it on a manni and look at it for a few days, if then you decide to wad it, like you said you can always get a t-shirt out of it!! sorry it wasn't what you wanted! let us know when you find that great knit skirt pattern!!!

by: renren